Networking through our key concepts

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2006
      CC: Pamela McLean regarding CawdNet network in rural Africa, see further
      below. Andrius

      Thank you very much for connecting us with our challenges in India.

      I think that the solution for us is to "keep reaching out". If each of
      us strengthens those who have less of a voice, then we will be able to
      reach every last one of us. For example, if we can give you strength so
      that you may reach out further, then we are reaching people who we don't
      even know. And if you share your strength even further, we can touch
      those who are the most vulnerable, and they can touch us, so that we are
      sensitive and responsive, full of life.

      So the question is, How can we share our strength with you? I find it
      most helpful if you can let us know you by telling us your "key concept"
      in life, what is for you personally your deepest value that encompasses
      all of the other values in your life? My own is "living by truth",
      Franz Nahrada's is "recognizing efficacies" (as in global villages),
      John Roger's is "participatory society", Janet Feldman's is "holistic
      helping". We have a list at:
      http://www.ourculture.info/wiki.cgi?PersonalOutlooks along with
      "investigatory questions", which our questions that we don't know how
      the answer to, but we intend to answer. This way we know who we are and
      the direction in which we wish to grow.

      Once we know who you are at heart, then we can understand how and why to
      support your particular projects, or how to work with you to support
      others. You could start mapping out your social network. We will do
      this soon at our new wiki for our Open Leader network
      http://www.openleader.info Samwel Kongere collected 20 questionnaires
      about activists in his area and I hope we might engage them. We could
      do the same in India. Our questionnaire is here:

      I am very interested in Pamela McLean's dialogue (thanks to Jeff and all
      at http://www.onevillage.biz http://groups.yahoo.com/group/onevillage/ )
      and especially her group's success at community networking (CawdNet)
      rural Africa with help from the online world:
      I imagine we might work together. We have much to learn from CawdNet!

      Suryarao, I invite you and Pamela to join us at:
      our Minciu Sodas laboratory's working group Back to the Root lead by
      Jeff Buderer and Joy Tang for "leadership development"
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backtotheroot/ send a blank message to
      our Holistic Helping working group lead by Janet Feldman for learning
      how we might help each other, but especially around challenges in
      Africa, such as HIV/AIDS
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/ send a blank message to

      Suryarao, Pamela, thank you for your initiatives, and I invite you to
      write us directly through our groups! And I encourage our response.

      +370 (699) 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania