Re: One World Beat 2006

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2006
      Janet,

      Thank you for alerting us to the One World Beat
      http://www.oneworldbeat.org event. Yes, we are organizing a concert and
      drumming here in Vilnius at the Balti Drambliai (White Elephant) cafe
      http://www.baltidrambliai.lt

      I tried to submit our information online but I didn't get any
      confirmation online upon submitting. I include it below and I also send
      it to the OWB contact address.

      I won't be able to attend. However, our team is interested to try out
      video bridges during the concert. (We do need to find equipment,
      though.) I wonder who might be interested to link with us? Perhaps
      somebody might be inspired to do a concert or simply join us and drum along.

      Our concert is free and our emphasis is on the music. We will take the
      opportunity to invite people to sign up for our lab's working groups in
      English and Lithuanian (we have a new one, lead by villager Zenonas
      Anusauskas, on "expression of collective creative work").

      Organizer: Minciu Sodas, Andrius Kulikauskas, +370 (699) 30003, Grudu g
      6, Vilnius LT-11306, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt (I won't be able to
      attend, though, so see Plazi and JB below.)
      Event location: Balti Drambliai, Vitalius Perkauskas, Vilniaus g 41,
      Vilnius, +370 (5) 262 0875
      Date and Time: May 6, 2006, Saturday, 19:00
      Spokesperson: JB Willit +370 (608) 70684
      Program director: Plazi +370 (603) 306286

      Musicians include Plazi (from Togo), JB Willit (from California),
      Algirdas Zokaitis (from Vilnius) and more. All are invited! Open mic.
      Bring your drums for drumming!

      The concert is free of charge and will be in the courtyard.

      We will also sign interested people up for our Minciu Sodas online
      laboratory's working group Holistic Helping, in English, lead by Janet
      Feldman, to learn how we can create ripple effects as we help each
      other, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/ and our working
      group Talka, in Lithuanian, lead by Zenonas Anusauskas, to learn how we
      can collectively manifest our creativity
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/talka/ .