"Drive to Stop Genocide" Headed for Major Rally in DC: Please Join Us!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 12:41 PM
      Dear Friends,

      Read below about a wonderful and inspiring activity organized in conjunction with the Rally to Stop Genocide Now, taking place on April 30th in Washington DC. These activities are vital for a variety of reasons, including the looming threat of HIV/AIDS in South Sudan and Darfur, which needs the collective energies and will of all Sudanese to address. Please consider participating in this exciting and life-saving event! Janet (Feldman, kaippg@...)

      "Drive to Stop Genocide Now":

      Please join us for the "Drive to Stop Genocide Now" and the Save Darfur Coalition's Rally to Stop Genocide Now. We will travel from various locations around the United States with Sudanese and other activists who want to join us in Washington, DC to rally against the genocide in Darfur. One caravan starts from Los Angeles on April 24th, picking up riders along the way. It arrives in Washington DC on April 29th, and returns May 1st (see the Stop Genocide Now url below for all details).

      Buses will depart for DC from Syracuse, Boston, Nashville, Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City, Sioux Falls and Dallas. There is no cost to ride the bus. Routes may change depending on the response in these cities and the need for rides in other cities. Not only do we want to provide rides to DC, but we hope the Drive will attract media attention for Darfur.

      Syracuse Departs 4/29/06 at 8am. Return 5/1/06 by 5pm.
      Boston Departs 4/29/06 at 7am. Return 5/1/06 by 7pm.
      Nashville Departs 4/29/06 at 5am. Return 5/1/06 by 5pm.
      Atlanta Departs 4/29/06 at 6am. Return 5/1/06 by 6pm.
      Chicago Departs 4/29/06 at 4am. Return 5/1/06 by 6pm.
      Kansas City Departs 4/28/06 at 9pm. Return 5/1/06 by 10pm (overnight drive)
      Sioux Falls Departs 4/28/06 at 6pm. Return 5/2/06 by 8am (overnight drive)
      Dallas Departs 4/28/06 at 6pm. Return 5/2/06 by 8am (overnight drive)

      We want the governments and people to see that regardless of race or religion, the people of Sudan are standing together for the people of Darfur. We hope the Drive to Stop Genocide Now and the Rally to Stop Genocide Now will help shape the future policies on Darfur, Sudan, and on genocide.

      Accommodations will be provided in Washington, beginning with a dinner on Saturday, April 29th at 7pm. The theme of the dinner is "Sudanese Standing Together", as equal citizens celebrating Sudan's ethnic, cultural and religious diversity. We hope that invited leaders from Darfur, Eastern Sudan, the North and the South will join us, and together support the process of unifying the country of Sudan.

      On Sunday April 30th at 2pm, The Rally to Stop Genocide will feature leading voices in the effort to stop the genocide in Darfur, including a spectrum of prominent faith leaders, political figures, human rights activists, celebrities, and survivors of the Holocaust and genocides in Cambodia, Kosovo, Srebrenica, Rwanda, South Sudan and Darfur. See www.savedarfur.org for more details on the Rally.

      Please visit www.sudansunrise.org to view or order an important video message from Darfurians to the Sudanese Diaspora. For more information about "Drive to Stop Genocide Now" and the Rally to Stop Genocide, visit http://www.stopgenocidenow.org/iact/drivesgn.php or contact drive@.... Another contact for all Drive-related information and dinner in DC registration is Esther Sprague at ggcc@....