One World Beat 2006 (Bravo Andrius!!)/flash cards

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
      Hello Dear Andrius and All,

      Fantastic to hear from you, and immense thanks for joining in on OWB 2006!! Please send specific details to me when you can, so I can do a news story on your show, including some of these other elements, if you like. Events are now scheduled and/or in the making in the USA, Thailand, Japan, Kenya, S. Africa, Portugal, Lithuania, Trinidad and Tobago, Egypt, Canada. All "Beating" as one world, for peace, understanding, hope, and healing.

      I'm delighted to see that the "flash cards" idea is moving along, and thanks to all who are contributing to that. Hopefully we can apply some of the same techniques and technology for different subjects:  HIV/AIDS, bird flu, nutrition basics, income-generation, and other subjects.

      With greatest gratitude and artistic affections always, Janet (aka "Flash Feldman", haha!)

      Finally, George is helping Plazi here in Lithuania.  We will lend him
      our very old laptop and George will teach him computer skills and how to
      make web pages.  Also, Plazi has met with the Balti Drambliai cafe and
      we have discussed with several musicians and so it looks like we will
      have a program for
      http://www.oneworldbeat.org  on May 6th.  Perhaps we
      might have video bridges on that occassion?

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2006
        Janet,

        Thank you for alerting us to the One World Beat
        http://www.oneworldbeat.org event. Yes, we are organizing a concert and
        drumming here in Vilnius at the Balti Drambliai (White Elephant) cafe
        http://www.baltidrambliai.lt

        I tried to submit our information online but I didn't get any
        confirmation online upon submitting. I include it below and I also send
        it to the OWB contact address.

        I won't be able to attend. However, our team is interested to try out
        video bridges during the concert. (We do need to find equipment,
        though.) I wonder who might be interested to link with us? Perhaps
        somebody might be inspired to do a concert or simply join us and drum along.

        Our concert is free and our emphasis is on the music. We will take the
        opportunity to invite people to sign up for our lab's working groups in
        English and Lithuanian (we have a new one, lead by villager Zenonas
        Anusauskas, on "expression of collective creative work").

        Organizer: Minciu Sodas, Andrius Kulikauskas, +370 (699) 30003, Grudu g
        6, Vilnius LT-11306, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt (I won't be able to
        attend, though, so see Plazi and JB below.)
        Event location: Balti Drambliai, Vitalius Perkauskas, Vilniaus g 41,
        Vilnius, +370 (5) 262 0875
        Date and Time: May 6, 2006, Saturday, 19:00
        Spokesperson: JB Willit +370 (608) 70684
        Program director: Plazi +370 (603) 306286

        Musicians include Plazi (from Togo), JB Willit (from California),
        Algirdas Zokaitis (from Vilnius) and more. All are invited! Open mic.
        Bring your drums for drumming!

        The concert is free of charge and will be in the courtyard.

        We will also sign interested people up for our Minciu Sodas online
        laboratory's working group Holistic Helping, in English, lead by Janet
        Feldman, to learn how we can create ripple effects as we help each
        other, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/ and our working
        group Talka, in Lithuanian, lead by Zenonas Anusauskas, to learn how we
        can collectively manifest our creativity
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/talka/ .