From Cameroon: Pap and Artemesia

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2007
      Wendi,

      I am glad that you received the money and have purchased your computer! We
      are all happy that we can work together and be that much closer to you!

      Thank you for your wonderful knowledge which I share with our groups and
      which we will use. I am glad that you have received and understand my
      instructions as that will be most helpful for this project.

      As you collect accounts from farmers I hope that you might pursue Markus
      Petz's interests in tea and in societal responsibility. I ask him to write
      more about that and for you to help him as you can while you collect
      stories.

      Thank you so much!

      Our Dear Andrius,
      Thank you very much for the instuctions. We
      bought and installed the machine in our office. We
      will send you a photo of the computer/flash we bought
      soon. we came to send these two stories before we saw
      the instructions. We will start following them from
      the next stories.
      Immense thanks
      Wendi

      ---------------------------------
      Pap-Special Delicacy Produced From Maize And Soya-Beans By Inhabitants Of
      Mbokijah Village In The North West Province Of Cameroon.
      Many people in a small village in the North West province of Cameroon suffer
      from lack and want to satisfy their basic needs especially for those who are
      sick. Every body in this village lives below the poverty line. One of the
      inhabitants of this little village called Ma Odilia Mborong came out with a
      strategy of growing maize and producing special pap out of the maize and
      soya-beans to support the nutritional needs of those who are sick and can not
      afford better nutritional dishes especially children and elderly people.
      When the maize planted on her farm is ready for consumption, she harvests it
      and tries to prepare pap from it. The maize is left in water for a number of
      days to allow it ferment and then taken to a grinding mill to be ground. It
      is then process for consumption as pap. The soya-beans which is also grown is
      harvested along side the maize and also taken to the grinding mill to be
      ground. The pap is then prepared together with the soya-beans flour for
      consumption. This special delicacy is often eaten for breakfast in the
      morning and also in the evening to keep the body worm from cold and goes a
      long way to support the nutritional needs of the inhabitants of this poor
      village. Another in habitant of the village called Ma Beri came out with the
      idea of selling some of this special delicacy and investing the income
      generated in their farms and more is produced.
      Comfort from ACTWID Kongadzem in Cameroon.

      --------------------------

      ARTEMESIA ANNUA: A MEDICINAL PLANT GROWN FOR THE TREATMENT OF MALARIA FEVER.
      Artemesia annua has brought relief to poor Cameroonian rural women, men and
      children. Actwid Kongadzem rural N.G.O in Bamenda NWP Cameroon has been
      creating awareness in the growing processing and consumption of this
      medicinal tea. It can be noted that this special tea is grown by many
      villagers under the supervision of Actwid members. This is a simple herb tea
      which is just grown in small gardens individually and collectively and
      consumed by those attacked by malaria in measurable sized cups for four days
      only.
      A blood test to check malaria must be conducted before and after
      administering Artemesia for treatment for malaria fever as it has been proven
      that the North West province of Cameroon is a high risk zone for mosquitoes
      which cause this malaria. Many poor rural women, children youths and those
      living with HIV/AIDS in the villages are often down with malaria. Artemesia
      tea does a good job to boost the immune system of such groups of people.
      Wendi from ACTWID KONGADZEM
    • tom ochuka
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        Dear ANDRIUS,
        Michael donde is 27yrs with Lakevictoria Respondres
        he plants vaieties of pepper fopr food and cash ,he is
        hemajor suplier o hotels in kisumu.
        Very many times he surports the father and mother
        who are poor using this farmimg method.
        He is gowing them around the lake near abeach in
        kisumu.
        He suplies the vey early in the mornig he hire
        tarnsport todo that.
        In kisumu quite anumber likes the peeper since they
        have nice aroma.

        TOM OCHUKA.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/ok9qlB/TM

        http://www.globalvillages.info/index.php/TheResourceToolshed/HolisticHelping

        > Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the
        > Holistic Helping group enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN
        > unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you!
        > http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums
        > & communities. Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > mailto:holistichelping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
        >

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/