Re:The problem of traffic jam in Dar es salaam

  • Josephat Ndibalema
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2007
      Dear Hellen and all,

      Yes ,i concur with your idea on the problem of traffic jam,the problem have become a permanent and noticeable feature in Dar community,on my own view the problem is due to poor transport facilities such as roads and transport equipment,roads are very few, old and narrow buses are very few comparing to the number of people in need of transport.Also we depend on roads as the only way of transport
             The most affected people are the children in Dar es salaam primary and secondary schools,who needs to get to school very early but due to the problem they there late
              Also there is a minimal government intervention when comes the issue of public transport in the city,from my own experience in the Tanzania force, Tanzania police force through police traffic unit has been working to control road traffic but the problem is still there...that's from my point of view,ley us hear from the rest
        Josephat Ndibalema.