Re:The problem of traffic jam in Dar es salaam

  • Josephat Ndibalema
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2007
      Dear Hellen and all,

      Yes, i concur with you on your idea on the problem of traffic jam in Dar es salaam,the problem has become a permanent and noticeable feature in Dar es salaam community,but what i think from my experience the problem is due to poor transport facilities such as roads and transportation equipments like buses and we depend on roads as the only way of transport,roads leading into the city centre are few and old.As Leonard said their is a need to develop the overall transportation system in the city to allow free movement of people.

        The most affected by the problem are the children in Dar schools,they need to get early to school but due to the problem they get late.Also there is minimal government intervention when comes the issue of pubic transport in Dar,from my own experience working in the Tanzania police force for seven years now,the Tanzania police through police traffic unit have been working to control road traffic,but still the problem is there due to the above factors i have mentioned.That is what i have,now let us hear from the rest.
              Josephat Ndibalema[Uyoga member]

    • Josephat Ndibalema
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2007
        Dear Hellen and all,

        Yes ,i concur with your idea on the problem of traffic jam,the problem have become a permanent and noticeable feature in Dar community,on my own view the problem is due to poor transport facilities such as roads and transport equipment,roads are very few, old and narrow buses are very few comparing to the number of people in need of transport.Also we depend on roads as the only way of transport
               The most affected people are the children in Dar es salaam primary and secondary schools,who needs to get to school very early but due to the problem they there late
                Also there is a minimal government intervention when comes the issue of public transport in the city,from my own experience in the Tanzania force, Tanzania police force through police traffic unit has been working to control road traffic but the problem is still there...that's from my point of view,ley us hear from the rest
          Josephat Ndibalema.