Re: [holistichelping] Agnese, Samwel, our Tanzania team and our African budget

  • William Wambura
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2007
      Dear Andrius,thank you so much regarding your projects.But i find some problems in subscition on globallvillage,Agnese has been fowarding me some email from the domain,but for now i want to have my space at globallvillage

      Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
      I just spoke with Maria Agnese Giraudo is Santa Miranella, Italy. She
      has been supporting Samwel Kongere's work especially to coordinate our
      team in Tanzania including Helen Mahoo, William Wambura, Leonard
      Boniface and others. She is very happy and excited with all that
      they've accomplished this year.

      Agnese will send 30 USD per month to our lab so that we can send that to
      Samwel for his online access and he can work further with our Tanzanian
      team. (Agnese, please open an account at http://www.paypal. com and when
      you are ready please send me 90 USD to ms@... for three months) She
      will also support him to travel in Tanzania in April 2007. And we're
      planning for him to come to Italy and Lithuania in November 2007 or
      thereabouts. We want him to become an expert in Wi-Fi technology so
      that Internet access is less of a challenge and more of an opportunity.
      There are experts in Rome, Italy in "trashware" (making good use of old
      hardware) and I hope to connect them with Samwel so that he could learn
      from them. Also we have experts here in Lithuania.

      My plan this coming year for our African budget is to invest some of our
      lab's money into some small business projects that Samwel can lead that
      would make good use of the money, keep it circulating and perhaps also
      generate a profit to pay for his work. Also we want to have several 100
      USD stipends available for small projects (such as for MyFoodStory) for
      various people in Africa (and perhaps India) who have been active at our
      lab, especially Janet Feldman's Holistic Helping working group
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/ such as Wendi of ACTWID
      KONGADZEM in Cameroon, Ken Owino in Nairobi and Tom Ochuka in Kenya, and
      in Pamela McLean's Learning From Each Other working group
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/learningfr omeachother/ such as Fred Kayiwa
      in Uganda and there are others, thank you for writing! We're very happy
      with Samwel's successes and I'd like to expand this small project
      approach with others.

      We have $3,000 USD of "bonus" money available if we meet our targets for
      MyFoodStory. I will set aside $1,800 = $1 each for 1,800 Storyteller
      Directory entries at http://www.myfoodst ory.info for editors who collect
      them for us. And I will set aside $1,200 = $20 each for 60 web pages
      that we create to showcase foodstories at various sites (or $10 each for
      weblog posts or wiki pages). So this is work that our Tanzanian team
      can learn to do with help from Samwel Kongere and George Christian
      Jeyaraj. And so this is a way for them to earn money for their work.
      Also, this is a way for our online participants form bandwidth-rich
      countries to earn money that they can typically apply to pay workers
      around the world for their projects, much as we did for the chocolate
      project. I will write more details.

      Samwel's team is earning 500 USD for their work on MyFoodStory. They
      are setting this aside for Wi-Fi technology. We're exploring what is
      the best way to send this money. But we will start with me sending two
      one-year-old Wi-Fi access points to Samwel that I won't need because I
      will be traveling for four months. So Samwel will be able to create a
      local network and see how far he can get it to work. Meanwhile we'll
      consider how to best use our money for more technology. And meanwhile
      we can invest that money in Kenya for a couple of projects that I think
      would profitable and helpful for our lab. One is to print one or two
      hundred copies of an Almanac for 2007 for our lab describing how people
      can participate: our leaders, venues, principles, projects,
      investigations, events that we envisage for the coming year. I will be
      writing that at http://www.ourcultu re.info based on what we've written
      in our letters including this coming week. Then participants can
      purchase, for example, 10 copies for 50 USD and share them with people
      they'd like to invite and involve locally and globally. That way Samwel
      can earn some money for his work, too. Another business project is to
      create T-shirts that would support our work together, perhaps something
      with our keyconcepts and/or investigatory questions. If anybody is
      interested - if there is demand - please let us know! and help us
      understand what would be most exciting!

      This week I want to flesh out our interface at
      http://www.myfoodst ory.info just a bit more. Then I will teach Agnese
      and others who might be interested how to add stories and also how to
      contribute "encyclopedic" articles.

      Please write about your plans for the coming year and we'll make room in
      our Almanac for you!

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...
      +370 (699) 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania

    • samuel kongere
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2007
        Dear Willy and other person interseted,
        Click here to join Mendenyo headed by me in MS lab,
        mendenyo-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        Mendenyo is an upcoming working group of Miniciu-sodas headed by Samwel
        Kongere;
        Our goal is to create sustainable businesses to provide
        employment and training to local residents and to support the other
        vulnerable members of the community. The computer related aspect of
        the project will provide income generating activities, training, and
        tools to better manage the larger project at hand.

        By constructing a facility that contains a computer room, a craft
        making shop, train in computers and use computers to help sell crafts
        and other services. The three elements (computers, crafts, production
        shop, and gift shop) will share business relationships that will help
        create several sustainable businesses and provide skills and steady
        employment to local people.

        A Focus is being made on having a wireless internet connection for the
        community to help them have a place for information hnadling and
        transfer.

        Samwel Kongere

        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439