Vodacom Tanzania's 3G HSDPA Network is Live in Tanzania!

  • Leonard Boniface
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      Dear Everyone,
      Few weeks ago,I mentioned on the great advance of Tanzania in ICT in many ways,as well as big changes of fast development! See this article on cell phone's modern initiatives for change,TZ is the 2nd after S.Africa in this techology as I mentioned before!.Nice going on!;
      Vodacom Tanzania's 3G HSDPA Network is Live in Tanzania
      2007-01-28 11:08:59

      Vodacom Tanzania is taking its customers on a high speed roller
      coaster ride. Vodacom Tanzania has switched on its 3G HSPDA network
      in Dar-es-Salaam. With the installation of a 3G HSDPA network,
      Tanzania is only the second country in Africa with such technology,
      the first being South Africa.

      3G HSDPA (Third Generation High Speed Downlink Data Packet Access) is
      a technology that delivers superior speed with the added benefit of
      mobility. The 3G HSDPA technology can be installed onto the GSM
      network backbone to provide Internet or 'data' connectivity via a
      mobile device. Vodacom Tanzania's 3G HSDPA network will enable users
      to browse the internet, make and receive video calls and MMS
      messages. Additionally, users can access their company network, check
      email, chat online as well as download online entertainment
      applications such as music and games at high speeds – all from the
      convenience of their mobile phone anywhere in Dar-es-Salaam.

      The key differentiator between GPRS and 3G HSDPA is high speed.

      "Vodacom is the first in East Africa with such technology and we
      believe that 3G HSDPA will give us a major competitive advantage,"
      Vodacom Tanzania Managing Director Romeo Kumalo, said from his office
      in Dar-es-Salaam.

      "3G technology is an important step forward for Vodacom, as the
      telecommunications industry enters a new era in mobile
      communications. Vodacom is rapidly and dramatically changing the way
      its customers experience their wireless communications. It is also
      shaping the future of mobile and broadband internet communications
      through its continued leadership in wireless technology," he added.

      The 3G HSDPA network commercial launch is scheduled for the first
      quarter of 2007.

      - Vodacom

      It's here! Your new message!