HI Maria,

  • nafsiafricaacro
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2007
      comunicato CINI - Coordinamento Italiano Network Internazionali

      Dear...some good news from my Country....

      On October 27, 2006, the agreement cancelling the bilateral debt
      owed to Italy by Kenya was signed, thus freeing resources that are
      meant to go to programs concerned with reducing urban and rural
      poverty. Rather than pay the debt, Kenya will invest 44 million
      Euros into its public policy, starting now and until 2016.

      Meeting of the W Nairobi W! Campaign– Deputy Minister for Foreign
      Affairs Sentinelli: Italy has cancelled Kenya's debt, now it's up to
      the civil society

      Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs Patrizia Sentinelli met with the
      delegation representing the W Nairobi W! Campaign to discuss the
      recently-signed agreement on debt-for-development swap between Italy
      and Kenya

      As part of this agreement, Kenya is committed to investing 44
      million Euros in programs concerned with reducing urban and rural
      poverty during the next 10 years.

      It's marvelous and very kind of your country-Italy.
      It's a challenge on us and our Goverment to make good the agrrement.

      Light, shine and blessings,

      Ken Owino,
      Nafsi Africa acrobats,
      Kenya