One World Beat 2006: United in Drumming and Music-Making (May 6 & 7)!

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
      Join the Global Music Festival: One World Beat 2006  May 6-7th!

      You can join the festival as a musician, band, music venue, promoter, school, organization or volunteer. All you have to do is hold a concert on the weekend of May 6, 2006, and put it under the One World Beat banner. Together we communicate a message of peace and hope: United in One World Beat.

      Sign up at: http://www.oneworldbeat.org

      Drumming in One World Beat: Uniting the People of the Global Village

      On May 6 and 7, 2006, we are bringing together people around the world to send out a message of peace and unity:
      "Drumming in One World Beat".  Please join us: festival2006@....

      Date:
      May 6 and 7, 2006 - one hour of simultaneous drumming around the world!

      Times:

      Los Angeles Sat 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
      Chicago Sat 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
      New York Sat 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
      Toronto Sat. 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
      Rio de Janeiro Sat 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
      London Sat 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM
      Amsterdam Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
      Geneva Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
      Paris Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
      Johannesburg  Sun Midnight to 1:00 AM
      Bangkok Sun 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
      Tokyo Sun 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
      Sydney Sun 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM

      Participants:
      Grassroots project uniting people worldwide: collaboration with non-profit organizations, youth groups, peace organizations, musicians, city administrations, music schools, percussion groups and volunteers.

      Objective:
      Creating a positive initiative, uniting people of the global village to promote peace and solidarity.

      Where:
      Participants can get together in any suitable place - indoors or outdoors. We are requesting that all the local organizers have the required permissions and authorizations from the local city administrations.

      The Vision:
      Our vision is to unite people in different cities around the world simultaneously in one hour of drumming in unity.

      The world has become a true global village and - more than ever before - we are connected with each other. Through the new technologies and the global impact of events, our lives are linked together - we are dependent on each other, what affects one affects us all, and each of us can make a difference for the better. One World Beat uses the power of music to create a positive message of solidarity and we want to invite you to join us.

      Participate in this worldwide project:
      We are inviting non-profit organizations, youth organizations, peace organizations, drum and percussion schools, musicians, bands, individuals and volunteers to join this global event. The project is coordinated by the non-profit organization One World Beat and our aim is to unite as many people as possible. All the participating groups, events and partners will be listed on the One World Beat website.  http://www.oneworldbeat.org

      Join Drumming in One World Beat, and/or Sign Your Event Up for the weekend of May 6th-7th, 2006!

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2006
        Janet,

        Thank you for this information about One World Beat.
        http://www.oneworldbeat.org/owb2005/aboutOWB.htm

        Here in Lithuania I recently met an outstanding African musician Plazi
        from Togo. He has organized a band here, Afroband, which was featured
        by the BBC:
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4723268.stm
        They were the final band to play at Lithuania's independence day
        celebrations in Kaunas.

        Plazi has joined us here. I alert us all to this worldwide event for
        solidarity and to raise money locally and globally.

        +370 (699) 30003
        Vilnius, Lithuania