RE: [meaningfulinclusion] Thank you for adding stories to MyFoodStory/posting w/ KAIPPG and OVF

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2007
      Dear Andrius, Markus, Jeff, Steve, Sam, and All,

      Hello and hope you're having a great time with you father, family, and
      friends (including Steve B!) in the USA. What wonderful stories! You ask
      abt hosting or posting stories at KAIPPG and OVF, and what I would say is
      that perhaps Jeff/Joy and I can work on something collaborative to post.

      Note that I will be wanting to do a page which also collects stories from
      the communities KAIPPG serves, though this is not part of the official
      FoodStory project. I think it's important to make that link, otherwise it
      will seem a bit confusing to people, I think. It may make more sense for
      KAIPPG to feature African stories, with a url link to stories from other
      places. Much as I'd love to post those, such as the ones coming from
      Palestine, Lithuania, and elsewhere.

      Though OVF works in Africa, they also have a global orientation in some
      regards, so perhaps it would be more appropriate for them to host other
      stories (ie from elsewhere)...in addition to Africa, that is? Whatever is
      posted on KAIPPG needs to be done solely by other people, though, as I am
      not tech-savvy in this way at all. And in HTML, I think, as this is the
      format for other things posted (does that need to be consistent?).

      I would LOVE to feature someone who might be using arts and media in their
      nutrition, agriculture, and "food story" work at the ActALIVE site
      (www.actalive.org), if possible. Is anyone doing this? KAIPPG does have
      such a link, so perhaps this org could serve as a good bridge to both
      sites. And OVF uses and advocates use of arts too, so that would be a good
      connection to them!

      I will be here "on and off" during the rest of January and February, so
      hopefully we can do this "catch as catch can"...and hope we can catch,
      haha! Blessings and thanks, Janet

      <meaningfulinclusion@yahoogroups.com>
> [...]
      >
      > I am writing from Chicago, Illinois, USA. Please ask Ala to send to me at
      > ms@... the telephone and email of the Chicago high school teacher with
      > whose class we did the video bridge when I was in Nablus, Israeli-occupied
      > Palestine. It would be great to talk with him and perhaps visit them.
      >
      > Today I got access to our laboratory's web server so I am now able to make
      > improvements to our website at http://www.myfoodstory.info I am very
      happy
      > that Markus, Awne and Yosef are using it and I will try to respond
      quickly to
      > fix problems that you find and to improve it as you might recommend. I am
      > also happy that Helmut Leitner has been steadily improving our ProWiki
      wiki
      > at http://www.ourculture.info Thank you, Jeff, for making use of our
      wiki.

      > I will write soon about my understanding of "the state of the lab". I
      will
      > need our help to collect stories and will write more about the community
      > currency that I will dedicate for that based on the up to $3,000 bonus
      that
      > we will get for meeting our targets of 1,800 directory entries and 60
      > stories/interviews. I will award $1 for each entry and $20 for each web
      page
      > that we create for some website based on a story in our registry. This
      will
      > be a way of earning money for our projects.
      >
      > Janet, Jeff and all, please let us know if you'd like to feature one of
      our
      > storytellers at one of your websites!
      >
      > Andrius
      >
      > Andrius Kulikauskas
      > Minciu Sodas
      > http://www.ms.lt
      > ms@...
      >

      > Mohammad kalid (66 years old) is a farmer from saraa village he has two
      big
      > lands of olives and figs one of them is in the village and the other one
      is
      > near quseen village which is not far from his village but this one is
      > occupied since two years and it�s a military area and no one can go there
      and
      > he is very sad because it was a gift from his father.
      >
      > I asked him about if he grow other kinds of crops. And he said �yes, I
      tried
      > to grow wheat but it wants a lot of time and it�s hard to collect by the
      > machete without the new machines!
      >
      > Then I asked him if he use the chemicals with his trees and he answered
      �yes,
      > I use it but there is a bad kinds of these chemicals which destroyed the
      trees
      > and I was use it for one time then I lost five of my trees1
      >
      > And about if he cares about the new ways of agriculture he said �yes, it�s
      > very important for the farmer to know every new information�s from T.V,
      Radio