Sign up sheet; My instructions for Samwel

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2007
      Hi Samwel, Janet,

      Thank you for your remarks. The flyer does note our Minciu Sodas URL and
      email: http://www.ms.lt, ms@... It's hard to fit more on the current flyer
      and I am tired of working on it so I think I will let it be as is. Perhaps
      that will be fine for now, and we'll keep improving it later. I have redone
      our page at http://www.ourculture.info and I invite us to keep working on
      those wiki pages so that we can assemble an Almanac from them as needed in
      the future.

      Samwel, also I note that the two Internet access points which I have mailed
      to you are: MSI Micro-Star International AP54G, 54 MB Wireless Access
      Point
      http://www.itp.net/grouptests/details.php?id=41&prodid=2344
      "Besides functioning as an access point, the MSI can also perform
      point-to-point and point-to-multipoint bridging while also offering repeater
      functionality."

      Samwel, I wrote the flyer so as to focus on one of the most useful work for
      our networks, which is to sign up new participants. In practice, this means
      that you ask them for their permission so that you can sign them up for one
      of our groups. Make it a very clear question - yes or no - and respect their
      answer. You decide for them which group you think would be best. You fill
      out the sheet for them. Unless you do it all yourself, my experience is that
      it simply won't happen. The flyer is mostly helpful because it lets you
      explain much more quickly.

      Please focus on finding people for your own group Mendenyo, especially those
      who might be interested in WiFi and in participating in your African
      networks. Please also sign up people for other groups, too.

      If in five days you can sign up 50 people, then you have done well. If you
      can sign up 100 people, then you have done very well and it makes sense for
      us to keep sending you to such events. You did great at the Africa Source II
      camp and that has given wonderful energy to Janet's Holistic Helping group.
      Thank you!

      How many copies do you think we should print? I imagine that 500 would make
      sense, but it should not cost more than 50 USD, and less is fine, too. Are
      there others who might help you sign people up or pass out flyers?

      Thank you also to Ken Owino and David Mutua for offering your homes for
      people in our networks. That is a great support and connection and I look to
      us to support you likewise. Samwel, please show Ken our support - use your
      best judgement - regarding the resources I have sent you.

      Also, Samwel please try very hard Not to spend the emergency money 50 USD
      that I included. This is money that you should have but not spend unless
      there is a real emergency. This is how we can be wise and responsible for
      your health, safety and security. It is expensive to be poor so please be
      rich and don't spend that money. Save it for every future trip so that we
      don't have to anxious for you, that is not right.

      Dear Andrius and All,

      Hello and thanks, I think this looks good! Only one suggestion: a couple
      urls (MS main url, url where people can read the almanac) where people can
      find out more. Sam, will it be fairly easy to get this printed? With all
      best wishes, Janet