E-Learning Conference: Bursary Applications Now, Fees Later/thanks to Ken and Maria!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2007
      Hello Dear Maria, Ken, and All,

      How lovely and thoughtful of you, Maria, and I was just thinking along these lines too!  I think that Sam-David-Tom should apply for bursaries, as soon as possible (deadline March 2, 2007), and I imagine that Sam and David--who have prior experience with ICTs--would have a good shot at getting one.

      Ken has written a lovely mail today abt accommodating Sam for the WSF and upcoming events (and he indicates he can do the same for others...not sure how many, but perhaps 1-2, Ken?), and I am going to post a separate note abt that, to keep the conferences straight (!), but want to extend deepest thanks for your kindness and generosity, Ken, and also to Maria for her crucial help and support!

      David lives in Nairobi, I believe, so if Sam-Maria-Tom can be accommodated between several people such as Ken and Angelica (and I have a few other friends who might help too), that would take care of this expense.  Then there is just the registration:  if 1-2 Africans can get bursaries (ie Sam and David perhaps), even partial ones, then somehow we can hopefully cover a third (Tom, for example), even at $250.

      Fortunately, we don't need to worry abt that right now, as registration can take place up to the time of the event in May. For now, Sam-David-Tom, plz apply for the bursary, which I think begins with a inquiry abt how to do that at this address: info@....  This is info found here:  http://www.elearning-africa.com/part_fee.php .  So write and ask them how to apply, telling them you are Kenyan (or for others, from Africa), and they should send instructions.

      Maria, Sam, and Tanzanian friends:  bravo for your wonderful links and mutual work, and I'll do some networking this month to bring a few others into the loop, I hope.  A trip by Sam sounds great, and perhaps after the conference--when there will be lots of info to convey--would be most effective?

      With greatest appreciation and love, Janet