Thanks for the Feedback Pam!/Conference Registration: $250 for Africans/Maria-Sam-David-Tom (bursaries available)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      Hello Dear Pam and All,

      Thanks so much for your candor and feedback, and one good thing re expenses
      is that David is in Nairobi already. David, would it be possible to
      consider hosting someone to stay with you, which would help us to get
      someone else to the conference? Sam-Maria-Tom would need registration and
      possibly a place to stay (not that you would everyone, though!), but
      possibly Sam could stay with Ken Owino (would that be OK, Ken?), and I can
      ask other friends to host Tom.

      The fee for Africans is $250 now, but BURSARIES are available for Africans
      too, with a deadline of MARCH 2 for those (this is from their website, with
      a form there in the "Registration" section). The FEE is NOT due today (am
      putting in caps just so that pops out!), however...we have up to the time
      of the conference to pay that.

      On the ABSTRACTS, those are due today--as Maria says--but one can always
      register and attend, almost right up to the last minute. So if you can't
      submit an abstract by today, you can still attend. I'd recommend we get the
      fee part down soon, though, as there were thousands at the last meeting, so
      it would be good to secure a place early (ie which we need to pay the fee
      to do).

      With immense thanks and "e"-effections, Janet

      (NairobiMay 2007): Abstract Deadline JANUARY 5th!!!

> [...]
      > > > eLearning conference.
      > > > Last year�s gathering featured the work of more
      > > > than 230 speakers from 46 countries, addressing all
      > > > forms of technology-enhanced learning and including
      > > > a rich mix of themes, topics and a variety of
      > > > session formats.
      > > > Delegates are high-level decision makers and
      > > > practitioners from education, business, and
      > > > government - the three key areas driving eLearning
      > > > adoption and innovation.
      > > > The conference is held in English and French. It
      > > > includes plenary sessions with world-class experts,
      > > > smaller presentation and special focus sessions,
      > > > practical demonstrations and debates on specific
      > > > topics, as well as various informal networking
      > > > opportunities where practitioners share their
      > > > experiences, ideas, new information and
      > > > perspectives.
      > > > An exhibition and demonstration area accompany
      > > > the programme, where leading international eLearning
      > > > manufacturers, suppliers and service providers
      > > > present their latest products and services.
      > > > Participants evaluated the exhibition as a critical
      > > > meeting point for professional interaction within
      > > > the conference.
      > > > A full-day program of workshops conducted by
      > > > leading eLearning practitioners precedes the event.
      > > > These small, intensive sessions offer attendees a
      > > > unique opportunity to fine-tune their skills and
      > > > acquire new ones.
      > > > A number of special events take place alongside
      > > > the conference, such as product launches, special
      > > > interest group get-togethers, sponsored workshops,
      > > > best practice showcases, and meetings.
      > > >
      > > > New features at eLA 2007:
      > > > eLA 2007 will also have a number of exciting
      > > > features that extend the scope and outreach of the
      > > > conference, adding value for both presenters and
      > > > attendees:
      > > >
      > > > A high-level policy maker and industry leader
      > > > summit entitled �Accelerating the Building of ICT
      > > > Infrastructures and Capacities for African
      > > > Educational Systems�
      > > > The African TVET Summit �Access and Inclusion for
      > > > TVET in Africa through New ICT-based Solutions�
      > > > A convention of major donors and development
      > > > agencies focusing on �ICT-Enhanced Education and
      > > > Training in Development Cooperation�
      > > > Two break-out workshops, one in Kisumu at Lake
      > > > Victoria and one in Mombasa on the Indian Ocean
      > > >

      > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __
      > > > Do You Yahoo!?
      > > > Poco spazio e tanto spam? Yahoo! Mail ti protegge
      > > > dallo spam e ti da tanto spazio gratuito per i tuoi
      > > > file e i messaggi
      > > > http://mail. yahoo.it <http://mail.yahoo.it>
      > > >

      > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __
      > > > Do You Yahoo!?
      > > > protection around
      > > > http://mail. yahoo.com <http://mail.yahoo.com>
      > > >

      > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __
      > > > Do You Yahoo!?
      > > > Poco spazio e tanto spam? Yahoo! Mail ti protegge
      > > > dallo spam e ti da tanto spazio gratuito per i tuoi

      04/01/2007 13:34

      > Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN
      unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org
      Please be kind to our authors!
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Maria Agnese Giraudo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2007
        Dear Janet, Samwel, David, Tom, Ken  and all...
        I would like to find the way to guarantee Tom to go to the Conference on e-learning in May with David, Samwel and me. So, I think that  we can follow Janet suggestion to save money in accomodation in Nairobi. I can be hosted by Angelica, a friend of Ken, or Ken  could find a free accomodation for me too.  If Samwel could arrange to go to Tanzania before or after the conference we can also pay once only for his trip Rusinga-Nairobi and back. Samwel, do you think that  it could be possible?
        Bye!
        Maria Agnese

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional