Re: [socialagriculture] Re: Advice on Wi-Fi in Kenya?

  • Jeff Buderer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2006
      Samwel,

      Please do send an email to them directly updating Kennedy and Henry on your plans and clearly outlining your plans and their/our role in the plan.

      This should include planning for activities around the WSF summit and also any collaboration with regards to the development of wireless networks.

      Also I suggest you subscribe the WILUG Ghana discussion group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wilugghana

      Also lets please get the dates for the WSF conference clear My understanding is that the conference was to from Jan 20 to 25. We are now planning for Kennedy to participate in OVF Open Source and Linux training in Winneba Ghana during so he may not be personally available during this time to assist you in organizing the WSF presence in Kenya. We should also consider this effort in regards to your participation in the Africa Source II event in Uganda. We have not finalized the dates for Kennedy's coming to Ghana and the plans for his coming are still tenative. Henry and the rest of the OVF Kenya board and network may also be a resource for you in organizing your efforts for the WSF.

      Have you put together a document that outlines the goals of the effort and how expect to achieve those goals? I will go over previous emails and check because I know you discussed this to some extent.

      Finally could you send me directly any documents that clearly link the agricultural components of this discussion group with the plan to develop the wireless network. This is particularly important to get funding.  Janet's experience with the COL grant may if relevant to what you want to do in your region as particularly valuable as something to build on or incorporate into your existing proposal.

      Jeff