Welcome Anne!/Thanks Henry!/Sam-Charles and OneWorld Africa

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2006
      Dear Anne, Henry, Andrius, and All,

      Hello and warmest welcome to you, Anne! And to Henry for introducing you to us! Some of my own work centers in Kenya, too, as Andrius has mentioned--I run the international branch of a Kenyan HIV/AIDS org, KAIPPG (whose bank acct is with Barclay's actually!)--and we are now getting a number of Kenyan members in our various forums, so it will hopefully feel like home away from home here soon!

      There are several interconnected forums and endeavors among us, mine being "Holistic Helping", set up as a space in which we can jointly work on "help" projects which members and others bring to us, and explore concepts and modes of "helping" and what that means, which can be as varied as each individual.

      My own particular approach is "integrative"--seeking to design responses that link various challenges and solutions (ie addressing poverty alleviation, health provision, and food security in tandem)--which is one reason why my key concept stresses "holistic" as a goal...let alone "m.o.", haha! This also connects to the various kinds of learning and learning environments we discuss and are building, and to "community currencies", ie alternate ways of approaching issues like money, work, volunteering, time spent, and value gained.

      I look forward to interacting with you, Anne, and working together w/you, Henry, Sam, and all!  Some great news this week is that I may have networked Sam and Charles into some capacity-building opportunities, this in conjunction with OneWorld Africa (www.oneworld.net ). An OW rep from Zambia contacted me about KAIPPG in this same regard, as she was attending the FOSS conference in Nairobi this week (as did Charles, who hopefully will give us a report when he can) and wanted to meet our reps. I am delighted to hear that the three of you met together, and will hopefully work on a joint Kenya-Uganda project!  We should invite Caroline (of OW) here too!

      I would also like to bring KAIPPG and others into whatever we build too (including in Uganda, Charles, where I have contacts as well), and Charles, can you tell us more about what you and your org do, the better to be helpful re linkage in future? Thanks so much to you both for the lovely notes in the meeting aftermath, and I'm very excited about the way forward!

      With immense thanks and all best wishes, Janet  kaippg@..., www.kaippg.org