Response to Jeff and Wendi (Cameroon)/COL-Protein

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2006
      Dear Jeff, Wendi, and All,

      Great suggestions, and we have spoken here abt getting Actwid K a web presence, like a site, or anything where people might find out more info abt them. Can you help with that (at least wiki pages)?

      The idea of linking with these orgs is good too:  the first focuses on the environment, I believe, and is youth-oriented. Can you make that intro, as you work with them?  On this other reference, do you mean Peter's org instead?  If so, that url is
      http://www.freewebs.com/musart/.  I did try to connect Peter with them last year, for a Peace Tiles exhibit of the work of AK youth, but he needed some funds which we did not have for that purpose. Since then he has disappeared, at least from my mailbox (even though I donated funds later for a computer for him...in part so he'd be able to keep in touch, haha!). Apparently you have had better luck with that, Jeff, so perhaps you can connect them again.

      On the wireless links in Cameroon, Wendi, I can try to contact the AfriConnect folks myself, but I think some kind of communication from you--by phone if you can, or even in person--would be very helpful. Sometimes emails are not answered, esp with more pressing business locally (ie since I am so far away), and this is something where negotiation needs to happen between the business and communities in any case, at some point along the line.

      It will be excellent if we can find some "twinning" link for you!  I wonder if that could happen between yourselves and Franz's org/groups/projects in Europe?

      On COL-Protein, there might be a way to create linkages between projects in Kenya-Cameroon-Tanzania-Ghana-Nigeria and elsewhere, though perhaps that is too ambitious a project to plan for the next few weeks. Closer to home, however, did you and Sylvie Siyam of Protege QV ever connect?  They have some terrific programs, esp. related to education and radio (with an HIV/AIDS and nutrition focus in part), and they are working with COL now too. I will reconnect you, if you have not done that already.  See more on their work at www.protegeqv.org.

      With GenARDIS, Wendi, just "upgrade" the logical framework we created, adding more equipment and trainings, I think. I'll look at this myself during the holidays, or immediately thereafter. The grant proposal is due January 15th. See this url again for more details (http://www.col.org/colweb/site/pid/3082) --Jeff and Maria (and anyone who has easy access to the Internet)--and I can post the info again from this page for Wendi, Sam, Tom, and all others.

      With greatest thanks and blessings, and we do look forward to being helpful to you, Wendi, and all who seek it! Janet

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
        Janet

        > Great suggestions, and we have spoken here abt getting Actwid K a web
        presence, like a site, or anything where people might find out more info
        abt them. Can you help with that (at least wiki pages)?

        There are several options. You can set up a free media wiki, set up a
        blog that allows pages to be added or one of those free website services
        like freeservers or talk to Andrius about him dedicating a section of
        the OurCulture wiki for setting up sites for start up African NGOs.

        Jeff

        > The idea of linking with these orgs is good too: the first focuses
        on the environment, I believe, and is youth-oriented. Can you make that
        intro, as you work with them? On this other reference, do you mean
        Peter's org instead? If so, that url is
        > http://www.freewebs.com/musart/. I did try to connect Peter with
        them last year, for a Peace Tiles exhibit of the work of AK youth, but
        he needed some funds which we did not have for that purpose. Since then
        he has disappeared, at least from my mailbox (even though I donated
        funds later for a computer for him...in part so he'd be able to keep in
        touch, haha!). Apparently you have had better luck with that, Jeff, so
        perhaps you can connect them again.

        > On the wireless links in Cameroon, Wendi, I can try to contact the
        AfriConnect folks myself, but I think some kind of communication from
        you--by phone if you can, or even in person--would be very helpful.
        Sometimes emails are not answered, esp with more pressing business
        locally (ie since I am so far away), and this is something where
        negotiation needs to happen between the business and communities in any
        case, at some point along the line.

        > It will be excellent if we can find some "twinning" link for you! I
        wonder if that could happen between yourselves and Franz's
        org/groups/projects in Europe?

        > On COL-Protein, there might be a way to create linkages between
        projects in Kenya-Cameroon-Tanzania-Ghana-Nigeria and elsewhere, though
        perhaps that is too ambitious a project to plan for the next few weeks.
        Closer to home, however, did you and Sylvie Siyam of Protege QV ever
        connect? They have some terrific programs, esp. related to education
        and radio (with an HIV/AIDS and nutrition focus in part), and they are
        working with COL now too. I will reconnect you, if you have not done
        that already. See more on their work at www.protegeqv.org.

        > With GenARDIS, Wendi, just "upgrade" the logical framework we
        created, adding more equipment and trainings, I think. I'll look at this
        myself during the holidays, or immediately thereafter. The grant
        proposal is due January 15th. See this url again for more details
        (http://www.col.org/colweb/site/pid/3082) --Jeff and Maria (and anyone
        who has easy access to the Internet)--and I can post the info again from
        this page for Wendi, Sam, Tom, and all others.

        > With greatest thanks and blessings, and we do look forward to being
        helpful to you, Wendi, and all who seek it! Janet

        Kenya (and Africa)/Maria and Sam/COL-Protein

        > Wendi,
        >
        > There are two groups we at OVF have links with in Cameroon that
        you might want to contact to consider collaboration.

        > www.asecnw.org and www.create.org. They are both located in the
        NW Province.

        > It would be helpful to get update on your work in Cameroon. Is
        there a website where you have information on our work? If not then I
        would suggest that we use the OurCulture wiki or a similar resource on
        the web to set up a page or series or pages to make people aware of your
        work and how specifically those who want to help can help.

        > Jeff
        >

        > Dear SAM,JEFF,MARIA AND OTHERS,
        > WE ARE STILL MAKING AN APPEAL TO YOU ALL TO CONSIDER
        > LINKING US ON YOUR ROAD MAP.AS YOU DO YOUR
        > TWINNING,PLEASE DONOT FORGET US IN CAMEROON. WE REALLY
        > NEED TO GET CONNECTED AS JANET HAD KNOW.
        > tHANKS AND WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOUSINCERELY ACTWID
        > KONGADZEM LED BY WENDI
        > --- Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        >
        > Dear Ed and All,
        >
        > Hello and greatest thanks for this wonderful and
        > valuable thought! "Twinning" has a great record of
        > helping...one org and community at a time. I will post
        > this forward as you requested, and respond in more
        > depth as soon as I can. Will look forward to the
        > connections, Janet

      • ACTWID KONGADZEM
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2006
          Dear Jeff, Janet and all
          Thanks. We shall be very grateful if you can connect
          us whether through the ourcultures wiki pages or any
          other that you think okay for us.
          We will like to know what information you need from us
          to send to you for this connection.
          Wendi
          --- Jeff Buderer <jeff@...>

          === message truncated ===

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jeff Buderer
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2006
            Wendi,

            You should talk to Andrius about this to get the ok from him. I am sure
            he would be happy to help set up a dedicated section of the wiki for
            your work. I can help as needed as well.

            Jeff