Re: [holistichelping] Re: Global Grassroots Campaign: "Stop Killing Us" / VideoBridge!

  • ACTWID KONGADZEM
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
      Hello Franz,
      We are happy to read yourpostings and those of Janet.
      How are you doing?We were very busy preparingfor WAD
      which past on friday. We will send you somepictures of
      our AIDS WALK and Peace Tiles that were produced.
      Immense thanks from ACTWID MEMBERS led by Wendi

      === message truncated ===

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      Access over 1 million songs.
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
    • ibrahim halkano
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
        Dear samwel,.
        I would like to introduce a two young people from Arusha,Tanzania to you
        1. Kiyavilo Msekwa kims00748@... 19yrs
        2.Aaron acekipwesafari@... 17yrs
        From the descusion we had, they had an idea that they have worked on and implemented and now on progress. Kiyavilo says, the idea came as a result of the bad habits that their peers have.He says boys of his age are all interested in sex and that is all they do and they wnated to help the society istead of wasting time doing what the rest are doing.
        Their idea is mainly to help other students learn computer especially those from poor families who did not manage to go to schools where computers are tought.
        To now they have developed an interactive website that has links to all educational materials they palce thier hand on and a chat zone where youth meet to chat and exchange thier ideas and learn together. http://hx-ng.ourprofile.net

        I have found thier ideas, appealing am sure if we can help develop it further, it could make a difference to the society.
        if you can get to know them am sure u will find their particiipation wonderful
        Goodday!

        samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:

        Dear All in MS working groups,
        It is pleasure to share with you this serious note of what we intended to do in Tanzania . Our network group in Dar es salaam known in a simple term UYOGA (Mushroom) had a last meeting with me, before I left, to plan for their would be activities for five months. We are all looking forward to see Uyoga succeed in their endeavors as they need to prosper as an excellent youth group without going the short cuts which is usually our way operation.
        The steering committee in place promised me commitment and we are looking to see how cohesive they are with my support as coordinator and Maria Agnese Giraudo as collaborator. Information communication talks for isolated youths and not reached in terms of poor infrastructure. The community will make an undertaking to contribute towards the project in terms of unskilled labor and local materials. They will also be fully in charge of all future operation, sustainability and maintenance.
        We have formed a two person partnership with Maria Agnese as my partner through Holistic helping and learning from each other. I always owe my gratitude to Janet and Andrius for working with me in Miniciu Sodas Lab. As one of East African network coordinators in MS, well while in Tanzania I met our strongman Ibrahim Halkano ibrahimhalkano@ vesitec.com
         also from Kenya , Amon Mkonga dramontz2002@ yahoo.com working with chief promotions in Dar es salaam . They were willing to help Uyoga members where they can.
        Discussing with the two gave some hints which makes it difficult for youths in Tanzania to succeed, as no capacity building, lacking experience to write report, information for grant application, they work independently (no consolidated efforts) , Donor support-minimal and very variable and many more.
        We therefore need people who can point for them the right direction. I call upon our working groups and infact those working towards building Community ICTs through capacity building and training in ICT to focus on helping the Uyoga team by partnering and creating collaboration atmosphere. We at Udogo youth development group ( Kenya ) will collaborate with them on coalition building, exchange of volunteers and visiting the two communities in exchange for exposure.
        Lastly, I thank Leonard Boniface for his encouragement and connections. I am hopeful that with him on the limelight the infant group will get to crawl up. I also wish to thank entire team for being beneficial to us in East Africa; we dearly need the support of David Mutua who has joined Learning from each other as an experienced community ICT implementer in Nigeria . Hopefully OVF can go ahead to connect with us in Udogo and Uyoga.
        Happy Partnership,
        Maria & Samwel Holisting helping.

        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439
        FOSS ADMIRER
        Community Development

        Kindest Regards,

        Ibrahim Halkano A
        Oracle Functional Consultant
        Vesl Technologies Limited
        JM MALL Building, Samora Avenue
        Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania
        Tel: +255-22-2135336
        Fax:+255-22-2135428
        Cell:+255-784-493775
        Website: www.vesltech.com

      • samuel kongere
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
          Hello Ibrahim,

          Thanks for the links i am sending the links to Hellen the Uyoga leader for connections. she will be in Moshi over December for fact finding and I hope she meet the duo over there. How is everything? When you are home over Dec you inform me. Thanks.
          Samwel.

          ibrahim halkano <ihalkano@...> wrote:
          Dear samwel,.
          I would like to introduce a two young people from Arusha,Tanzania to you
          1. Kiyavilo Msekwa kims00748@yahoo. com 19yrs
          From the descusion we had, they had an idea that they have worked on and implemented and now on progress. Kiyavilo says, the idea came as a result of the bad habits that their peers have.He says boys of his age are all interested in sex and that is all they do and they wnated to help the society istead of wasting time doing what the rest are doing.