Re: [holistichelping] RIP Dennis

  • ERIC WANJAMAH
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013
      It is with great sadness that I also learned about the death of Dennis. I met him in Uganda during the Onet conference and he impressed me with his initiative, leadership and creativity. He comes from my home town, Nakuru and he made a positive impact in the community with his work with young people. I have talked to a mutual friend and it is sickening that he was tortured before being killed. My heart felt condolences and prayers to his family, relatives and friends.

      Let's all work together to make sure his work remains alive.

      Eric

      From: Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink.net>
      Subject: [holistichelping] "Remembering Dennis Kimambo"//info abt fundraising and funeral
      To: "holistichelping@yahoogroups.com" <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com>, "actalive&quot; <actalive@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, May 3, 2013, 9:22 AM

      Dear Friends,
      I am sending a tribute I wrote to and for Dennis, published this morning by Rising Voices.
      http://rising.globalvoicesonline.org/blog/2013/05/03/remembering-dennis-kimambo/
      Below is info about fundraising and his funeral. I am trying to get more info on exactly how and who to send funds to...his brother can be reached at the number below, and his wife, Faith Muriuki, can be reached here: https://www.facebook.com/kimambo?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/njokimuriuki?fref=ts. I will get the time of the funeral next week too.
      "Kindly be informed that there will be a fundraising on Sunday at 3.00 p.m at his parents' place, in the medical quarters behind KMTC, all are welcomed and for those who will not make it to the fundraising, you can send your financial support to his brother Silas 0729566677. Thank you for your support."

      Dennis Kimambo will be laid to rest next week 7th may Tuesday at Nakuru North Cemetery.
      Greatest thanks to all who have posted with sympathies and caring, and I will hope to respond to each of you soon.
      With love and appreciation, Janet

      Sun May 5, 2013 4:05 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Janet Feldman" frida02806

      body{font-family:
      Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
      #ffffff;color: black;}
      Dear Tom and All,

      Thanks so much for this caring posting, and I am in contact with
      Dennis's widow now, to ascertain the time of the burial. It would
      be so comforting and supportive if you could be there.

      I will write with more tomorrow (Mon), and look forward to being
      in touch. It would be great if we could do something in his honor
      and memory, as a follow-on project. I hope to pick up our own
      work together at some point too.

      With love and greatest appreciation, Janet

      <http://rising.globalvoicesonline.org/blog/2013/05/03/remembering&#92;
[...]

      Sun May 5, 2013 4:20 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Andrius Kulikauskas" minciusodas

      Janet, Thank you for your heartful rememberance of Dennis at Rising
      Voices, and for including us in ideas for honoring him. I'm especially
      concerned about his wife and children. Is there a practical way to send
      small donations, such as 10 or 20 dollars? Andrius

      2013.05.05 18:01, Janet Feldman rašė:

      > Dear Tom and All,
      >
      > Thanks so much for this caring posting, and I am in contact with
      > Dennis's widow now, to ascertain the time of the burial. It would
      > be so comforting and supportive if you could be there.
      >
      > I will write with more tomorrow (Mon), and look forward to being
      > in touch. It would be great if we could do something in his honor
      > and memory, as a follow-on project. I hope to pick up our own work
      > together at some point too.
      >
      > With love and greatest appreciation, Janet

      Sun May 5, 2013 4:33 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      Andrius,
      Yes. I think it is great to have have thoughts about our departed comrades. Family and maybe going forward to think of Dennis Kimambo foundation to carry on with his great work. I am planning to attend the funeral. He has left a gap that will be difficult to fill.
      Sent from my BlackBerry®

      Janet, Thank you for your heartful rememberance of Dennis at Rising
      Voices, and for including us in ideas for honoring him. I'm especially
      concerned about his wife and children. Is there a practical way to send
      small donations, such as 10 or 20 dollars? Andrius

      2013.05.05 18:01, Janet Feldman rašė:

      > Dear Tom and All,
      >
      > Thanks so much for this caring posting, and I am in contact with
      > Dennis's widow now, to ascertain the time of the burial. It would
      > be so comforting and supportive if you could be there.
      >
      > I will write with more tomorrow (Mon), and look forward to being
      > in touch. It would be great if we could do something in his honor
      > and memory, as a follow-on project. I hope to pick up our own work
      > together at some point too.
      >
      > With love and greatest appreciation, Janet

      Sun May 5, 2013 4:54 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Janet Feldman" frida02806

      body{font-family:
      Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
      #ffffff;color: black;}
      Dear Friend Charles,

      Thanks so much for your wonderful and uplifting thoughts. This is
      an excellent idea (a foundation), and hopefully we can discuss
      this too. To carry on the work of each of our dear departed--from
      Dennis to Maria Agnese (whose birthday was right around the time
      all this was happening to Dennis)--is so important.

      I am so heartened that you are going to the funeral, and perhaps
      Tom as well. Do you know the time of it, as I have not gotten
      that info yet? If so, can you make sure that Tom knows from you
      directly: tomochuka@yahoo.com <mailto:tomochuka@yahoo.com>

      Greatest blessings and deepest thanks, Janet

      Yes. I think it is great to have have thoughts about our departed
      comrades. Family and maybe going forward to think of Dennis
      Kimambo foundation to carry on with his great work. I am planning
      to attend the funeral. He has left a gap that will be difficult
      to fill.
      Sent from my BlackBerry® From: Andrius Kulikauskas
      <ms@...> Sender: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com Date: Sun,
      05 May 2013 18:10:32 -0500 To: <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re:
      [holistichelping] "Remembering Dennis Kimambo"/response to Tom

      Janet, Thank you for your heartful rememberance of Dennis at
      Rising
      Voices, and for including us in ideas for honoring him. I'm
      especially
      concerned about his wife and children. Is there a practical way
      to send
      small donations, such as 10 or 20 dollars? Andrius

      2013.05.05 18:01, Janet Feldman rašė:

      > Dear Tom and All,
      >
      > Thanks so much for this caring posting, and I am in contact
      with
      > Dennis's widow now, to ascertain the time of the burial. It
      would
      > be so comforting and supportive if you could be there.
      >
      > I will write with more tomorrow (Mon), and look forward to
      being
      > in touch. It would be great if we could do something in his
      honor
      > and memory, as a follow-on project. I hope to pick up our own
      work
      > together at some point too.
      >
      > With love and greatest appreciation, Janet

      <mailto:holistichelping%40yahoogroups.com>

      <mailto:kaippg%40earthlink.net> >/* wrote:

      > From: Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink.net
      <mailto:kaippg%40earthlink.net> >
      > Subject: [holistichelping] "Remembering Dennis Kimambo"//info
      > abt fundraising and funeral
      > To: "holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:holistichelping%40yahoogroups.com> "
      > <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:holistichelping%40yahoogroups.com> >, "actalive&quot;

      <https://www.facebook.com/kimambo?ref=ts&fref=ts#%21/njokimuriuki&#92;