Re: [holistichelping] "Remembering Dennis Kimambo"/response to Tom

    Message 1 of 5 , May 5 4:01 PM

      Dear Tom and All,

      Thanks so much for this caring posting, and I am in contact with Dennis's widow now, to ascertain the time of the burial. It would be so comforting and supportive if you could be there.

      I will write with more tomorrow (Mon), and look forward to being in touch. It would be great if we could do something in his honor and memory, as a follow-on project. I hope to pick up our own work together at some point too.

      With love and greatest appreciation, Janet

      From: Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>
      To: "holistichelping@yahoogroups.com" <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com>, "actalive" <actalive@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, May 3, 2013, 9:22 AM

      Dear Friends,

      I am sending a tribute I wrote to and for Dennis, published this morning by Rising Voices.

      http://rising.globalvoicesonline.org/blog/2013/05/03/remembering-dennis-kimambo/

      Below is info about fundraising and his funeral. I am trying to get more info on exactly how and who to send funds to...his brother can be reached at the number below, and his wife, Faith Muriuki, can be reached here: https://www.facebook.com/kimambo?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/njokimuriuki?fref=ts. I will get the time of the funeral next week too.

      "Kindly be informed that there will be a fundraising on Sunday at 3.00 p.m at his parents' place, in the medical quarters behind KMTC, all are welcomed and for those who will not make it to the fundraising, you can send your financial support to his brother Silas 0729566677. Thank you for your support."

      Dennis Kimambo will be laid to rest next week 7th may Tuesday at Nakuru North Cemetery.

      Greatest thanks to all who have posted with sympathies and caring, and I will hope to respond to each of you soon.

      With love and appreciation, Janet

      Message 2 of 5 , May 5 4:10 PM
        Janet, Thank you for your heartful rememberance of Dennis at Rising
        Voices, and for including us in ideas for honoring him. I'm especially
        concerned about his wife and children. Is there a practical way to send
        small donations, such as 10 or 20 dollars? Andrius

      • charleskilel@...
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5 4:29 PM
          Andrius,
          Yes. I think it is great to have have thoughts about our departed comrades. Family and maybe going forward to think of Dennis Kimambo foundation to carry on with his great work. I am planning to attend the funeral. He has left a gap that will be difficult to fill.
          Sent from my BlackBerry®

          From: Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...>
          Sender: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 18:10:32 -0500
          To: <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [holistichelping] "Remembering Dennis Kimambo"/response to Tom

          Message 4 of 5 , May 5 4:40 PM

            Dear Friend Charles,

            Thanks so much for your wonderful and uplifting thoughts. This is an excellent idea (a foundation), and hopefully we can discuss this too. To carry on the work of each of our dear departed--from Dennis to Maria Agnese (whose birthday was right around the time all this was happening to Dennis)--is so important.

            I am so heartened that you are going to the funeral, and perhaps Tom as well. Do you know the time of it, as I have not gotten that info yet? If so, can you make sure that Tom knows from you directly:  tomochuka@...

            Greatest blessings and deepest thanks, Janet

            From: Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...>
            Sender: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 18:10:32 -0500
            To: <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com

            Janet, Thank you for your heartful rememberance of Dennis at Rising
            Voices, and for including us in ideas for honoring him. I'm especially
            concerned about his wife and children. Is there a practical way to send
            small donations, such as 10 or 20 dollars? Andrius

            2013.05.05 18:01, Janet Feldman rašė:

            > Dear Tom and All,
            >
            > Thanks so much for this caring posting, and I am in contact with
            > Dennis's widow now, to ascertain the time of the burial. It would
            > be so comforting and supportive if you could be there.
            >
            > I will write with more tomorrow (Mon), and look forward to being
            > in touch. It would be great if we could do something in his honor
            > and memory, as a follow-on project. I hope to pick up our own work
            > together at some point too.
            >
            > With love and greatest appreciation, Janet

          • james karongo
            Message 5 of 5 , May 5 9:13 PM
              Dear Friends,

              Hope you are all well even as we mourn our friend Dennis.

              This is to let you know that the venue of the burial has changed to Vihiga in Kakamega County.

              Kindly get in touch with Faith, the widow for the exact venue and time and place.

              JAMES KARONGO KURIA
              Associate Programme Officer-NOPE & Y-PEER FOCAL POINT NAIROBI REGION
              P.O. BOX 10498-00100,
              NAIROBI, KENYA EAST AFRICA
              TEL:+254 723 222 278 & +254 736 384 464
              MANDERA ROAD OFF GATUNDU ROAD