Another Pyramid of Peace

  • Pamela McLean
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2012
      Regarding Responses to Kenya: Saitoti's death and the coming battle - Chilling analysis by Richard Dowden - Director, RAS and the email below I have set up an initiative on dadamac.net called Another Pyramid of Peace

      This is not something that I have the competence to lead in any way. I am just providing a focal point where people might come together, in preparation.

      @Andrius - I'm aware I have not included a reference to the Pyramid of Peace Archive. Please would you send me the link.

      Pameal

      On 26 June 2012 08:01, Kenneth Chelimo <kennethchelimo@...> wrote:

      Ken Owino,

      I appreciate your  efforts in peace building among the youth in slum areas. The documentary you have attached is  indeed a good example of how Kenyans from different communities should co-exist and live together in harmony. More of these activities by the acrobats should go to rural areas where we witnessed tribal tension during the 2007/2008 post-election violence. Cheers Ken for your great work.

      Ken Chelimo

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2012
        Pamela McLean,

        Thank you for your intiative
        http://www.dadamac.net/initiative/another-pyramid-peace
        that we prepare and make sure that the March 2013 presidential elections
        in Kenya are peaceful, without the violence that shocked us in 2008.

        I expect that 2013 will be peaceful. Many Kenyans care about peace and
        many have experience in peaceful intervention from 2008.

        Pamela, I appreciate all the more your concern that we prepare now for
        peace. We should not be complacent. I imagine others are preparing for
        violence.

        Pamela, I appreciate your leadership and I wish to encourage you. In
        2008, I showed all the leadership I was able. I took and gave all the
        authority I could.

        Pamela, you value what we achieved together with the Pyramid of Peace.
        I'm glad that you're considering what we might take from that.

        of the Pyramid of Peace, as follows:
        * Upon your consideration and acceptance, I appoint you
        Commander-of-Operations through July, August, September 2012, or as I
        decree otherwise, that you might boldly lead all who wish for a Pyramid of
        Peace, as we had in 2008.
        * Please choose a title (such as Convener, etc.) as you like best.
        * I look to you to engage Kenyans and all who care, what may we do for
        peace in Kenya in 2013? to reach out and include peacemakers of all
        tribes, to analyze the potential for violence, to consider promising
        solutions, to discuss what structures for coordination are most relevant
        for 2013, to appreciate which individuals and what organizations we can
        turn to for leadership.
        * Please keep us informed if you see any need, any role in 2013 for a
        command structure to support independent peacemakers, as I led in 2008.
        * In general, do we need new groups, organizations or institutions? and
        should they be related in any way to the Pyramid of Peace of 2008?
        * Please consult especially with Janet Feldman as to how we can help
        Kenyans, especially in reaching out across divisions.
        * Please consult with Denis Kimambo, Kennedy Owino, Rachel Wambui Kungu
        and Lawrence Achami, our Commanders, as to what Pyramid of Peace and other
        groups might achieve for peace in Kenya in 2013. I will consult with them
        likewise.
        * Please work publicly, as you do.
        * I have redone our website http://www.pyramidofpeace.net to point to a
        wiki http://www.pyramidofpeace.net/wiki/ for linking to relevant pages,
        which may be at your website http://www.dadamac.net or as you think best.
        Please know we can develop the website http://www.pyramidofpeace.net to
        include a chat room and other functionality you think we'll need.

        In this way, I offer you my authority that you might draw on it as much as
        you like, if at all. In that you do, please know that I judge you
        competent, and I expect that you absorb and project that, as you serve, so
        that others might likewise. Embolden us!

        I am very busy this July, August and September, and so I personally
        appreciate your initiative. I will have some free time in October,
        November and December. I may be completely free in the first half of 2013.
        Thank you for valuing my participation!

        Pamela, I think it's especially valuable at this time that you are based
        in the UK, outside of Kenya. We're showing that ethnic violence is not a
        local concern, but a global concern. You know and love people of many
        tribes throughout Africa, and are not partial. That's a great help!

        Pamela, thank you!

        Commander-in-Chief
        Pyramid of Peace
        http://www.pyramidofpeace.net

        > Regarding Responses to Kenya: Saitoti's death and the coming battle -
        > Chilling analysis by Richard Dowden - Director,
        > RAS<http://dadamac.posterous.com/responses-to-kenya-saitotis-death-and-the-com>and
        > the email below I have set up an initiative on
        > dadamac.net called Another Pyramid of Peace
        > <http://www.dadamac.net/initiative/another-pyramid-peace>
        >
        > This is not something that I have the competence to lead in any way. I am
        > just providing a focal point where people might come together, in
        > preparation.
        >
        > @Andrius - I'm aware I have not included a reference to the Pyramid of
        > Peace Archive. Please would you send me the link.
        >
        > Pameal
        >

        > On 26 June 2012 08:01, Kenneth Chelimo <kennethchelimo@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Ken Owino,
        >>
        >> I appreciate your efforts in peace building among the youth in slum
        >> areas. The documentary you have attached is indeed a good example of
        >> how
        >> Kenyans from different communities should co-exist and live together in
        >> harmony. More of these activities by the acrobats should go to rural
        >> areas
        >> where we witnessed tribal tension during the 2007/2008 post-election
        >> violence. Cheers Ken for your great work.
        >>
        >> Ken Chelimo
        >>
        >> *From:* "ms@..." <ms@...>
        >> *To:* learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com;
        >> minciu_sodas_EN@yahoogroups.com; fightingpeacefully@yahoogroups.com

      • zoneziwoh
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8 7:01 AM

          Good day, I hope this email finds you well. I wish to share with you one of my most recent event - MAKE MAMA VISIBLE, an honorary walk race to bring aging mothers in the rural villages of Cameroon to the spotlight as athletes and entertainers - while highlighting the value of motherhood.

          On Sunday, August 26th, for the first time in the history of Cameroon, women age 75 and above shall take part in a Fast Walk Race in Bafanji village, Northwest Region of Cameroon.

          The idea of this public walk is to create space for aged mama to become visible; change the sport dynamics allowing possibilities for age people to entertain the young and vice-versa and as well as to make age mothers living in the rural regions to feel honored,valued, and confident and not to think their age as a barrier to be happy.

          How you can help to bring Visibility to this Event:

          1) Share all MMV mgs online/offline through your local/global network space

          2) write about MMV in your journal, newspaper, magazine...

          3) report/ broadcast about MMV in audio/video on your radio/Tv channels

          4) be there on August 26th to have a Live coverage of the event; and capture participants story for change.

          we need your Help in Bringing Visibility to this Event!!!!!

          Thanks.

          Zoneziwoh
          MMV Coordinator

          Coordinator  :      Women Under 30