Re: [nafsiafrikasaana] Ken, Ricardo: Sneakernet Trial in Kenya

  • nafsiafricaacro@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2012
      Dear Mike,

      It is a pleasure to meet you here.
      We did the project for a couple of Months before halting because of some personal challenges. The project involved more people than just me and Ricardo.
      But offcourse, i would be more willing to share with you, hoping that you learn from some of our approaches, success and failures.
      I have not been in contact with Ricardo for quite a while but i should consult him about this first.

      Thanks Andrius for the connection.

      Peace,

      Ken Owino
      Nafsi Africa Acrobats

      Sent from IPhone

      Den 20/06/2012 kl. 05.30 skrev ms@...:

      > Dear Andrius,
      >
      > I hope this e-mail finds you well.  Are you still connected to Ken Owino
      > or Richard Freeman?  I came across their plan for a sneakernet in Kenya
      > and I was looking to pick their brains about their successes and
      > challenges.  I'm working on a similar communications method for folk
      > musicians to transfer large volumes of data between each other with higher
      > bandwidth than their incomes generally allow.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mike Miller

      Hi Mike,

      Thank you for your interest in Ken and Ricardo's sneakernet work which my
      online laboratory, Minciu Sodas, facilitated. In 2010, I ended my lab and
      my own efforts. I will share your letter with the Mendenyo, Holistic
      Helping and Nafri yahoo groups where they were active:

      Kennedy Nielsen Owino now lives in Denmark with his wife Angelina. His
      Facebook page is:
      http://www.facebook.com/kennedy.n.owino?ref=ts

      Best wishes in your project!

      (773) 306-3807