Happy Birthday, Maria Agnese (celebrating with you in spirit)/World Malaria Day

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      This is a very sad day, yet also a celebratory one...this is Maria Agnese's birthday. I received a "reminder" from Facebook, where she still has a page, and hopefully many of us will post here, there, and elsewhere in her honor and memory.

      Today is also World Malaria Day, a poignant and wholly-fitting (if "eerie") conjunction, as I gather Maria Agnese passed away from malaria-related complications.

      Malaria is one of the worst scourges and killers around the planet, so let's all take time if we can to educate and be active around this topic. Perhaps we can have a discussion in our forums and at Dadamac about that, especially in terms of being helpful in some kind of project or way.

      With love to our dear friend, and to all, and blessings always, Janet
    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2012
        Dear Janet Feldman,
        How are you doing? How is the health of your dad and yours? I t is a long time that we have not talked to each other but you are always ontop of the list of ACTWID friends here in Cameroon.
        Sincerely Wendi Losha

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2012
          Dear All,

          It is very sad to remember Maria Agnese and sadly that she died of malaria complications. I have seen people here in Kenya die of malaria-related complications especially children and old people. There should be concerted efforts to create awareness on the importance of protecting oneself from contracting malaria. Currently I work in a place where malaria is prevalent as a disease. It is mainly caused by mosquito bites and every household needs a mosquito net for safety agianst mosquito bites. We can indeed remember Maria Agnese by waging an anti-malaria war in several forums starting from here. RIP Maria Agnese.

          Ken Chelimo