WANTED: Volunteer Environmental Projects Coordinators
Volunteer Environmental Projects Coordinators
The newly established Green Planet Foundation urgently needs volunteers as follows:
· 1. International Coordinators
· 2. Continental Coordinators [ for 7 continents, namely, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America/Caribbean, South America, Oceania/Pacific, Middle East ],
· 3. Country Coordinators [for all countries]
· 4. State/Province Coordinators [for states or provinces in 25 federal countries namely, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, China, Comoros, Ethiopia, Germany, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia , Nepal , Nigeria , Pakistan , Russia, St. Kitts and Nevis, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland , United Arab Emirates , United States of America , Venezuela.
This position will comprise two major tasks 1) Charity Event Coordinator Task and 2) Environmental Projects Coordinator Task.
1. Charity Event Coordinator Task
- Duties include meeting with Board of Directors to establish a financial goal, working with committees to create an event focused on seeking money for that goal and executing the event to a lucrative end. The coordinators are responsible for working with staff, vendors, guests and donors to ensure a seamless and profitable event.
As charity event coordinators, the Environmental Projects and Scholarships Coordinators will deal with every detail of fundraising events, including venue, attendees, organization, speakers, topics, lighting, seating, catering and accommodations. In addition, these coordinators incorporate the underlying charity cause into their events. The successful candidates must have a passion for the environmental cause. In this position, the coordinator will meet with numerous volunteers, employees and donors who have extreme connections to the charity's underlying cause, and without this passion, the coordinator will have a hard time relating to the reason everyone is a part of the organization. As expected in any non-profit setting, the coordinator will be responsible for the conception and execution of events such as auctions, balls, social evenings, dance parties, concerts, live band music events, dinners, galas, etc., designed to raise funds for the non-profit cause.
· Core Responsibilities
· Coordinators will not only organize events, but also they will be expected to coordinate all aspects of the event without any hitch. In the process of such organization, they calculate and prepare budgets for the proposed events, select the appropriate locations for the events, arrange the schedules, select speakers and methods of entertainments, and select vendors and menus. Tasks of coordinator do not end there. In addition there are tasks of arrangement of accommodation for the participants and guests.
· Role in Marketing Process
· Creation and distribution of marketing materials like invitations, advertisements, and flyers as well as arrangement of transportation. Not only the arrangements but setting up the events and organizing the set up are also essential part of the role played by the coordinator in marketing process.
2. Environmental Projects Coordinator Task
a) MAIN PURPOSE
The main purpose of the Environmental Projects Coordinator role is to lead and manage environmentally focused stakeholder engagement projects effectively, and to ensure that they are delivered on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards. The role also requires a Project Coordinator to contribute to marketing and developing the work of the Stakeholder Involvement Unit.
b) DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
i)To manage all aspects of designated engagement projects
• Proactively coordinating projects and acting as central point of contact for the project team including client, facilitators, director, and project assistants
• Actively managing project contracts, finances and personnel to ensure projects are delivered within time & budget
• Identifying, developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
• Creating, writing and coordinating professionally accurately and timely
• Managing Project Assistants in their day to day work
• Ensuring consistent and accurate administration of engagement projects including:
_ Maintaining databases
_ Mail merging and distribution of invitations or information
_ Event logistics such as booking venues
• Dealing with project related media enquiries and activities
• Evaluating projects systematically in order to capture and share learning from what do, and to
facilitate a culture of continuous individual and organizational learning
ii) To promote engagement and to develop new prospects for the project.
• Identifying and pursuing opportunities that might be suitable for engagement projects
• Process telephone, email and other written enquiries about engagement.
• Initiating and attending meetings with potential funders
• Developing and writing project proposals
· Preparing media press releases and being the public spokesperson and face of the organization in your area of responsibility.
• Attending events and making presentations as necessary
• Writing case studies in order to capture our learning, use as training materials, and to promote the work of the foundation.
iii) To contribute to team / organizational work
• To lead and manage by example, and to encourage team work
• To foster a ‘can do’ culture of by actively seeking solutions to problems
• To take responsibility for projects, which may require independent working
• Help to maintain and develop the organization’s policies and resources
c) GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the development of systems & protocols.
• Operate within organizational policies and practices
• Undertake other tasks as directed
• Be responsible for your own administration, including paperwork and filing
d) DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
• Authorizes expenditure within own budget lines up to $200 (this includes contracts & contractual matters on behalf of the foundation up to this value)
• Accountable for budget lines & delivery
• Deputizes for team leader on specific projects as requested
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment. The duties laid down in
this job description may change following a review and in consultation between postholder(s)
and line manager and senior manager.
e) POSITION IN ORGANISATION
· Reports to: Line Managed by Team Leader
· Responsible for: Supervises Project Assistants, temporary staff and volunteers as and
· Main Relationships: Liaises internally across the organization, in particular with Project
Assistants, Project Coordinators, Team Leaders, senior staff on specific projects and Board of Directors.
· Liaises externally with current and potential funders, current and potential stakeholders, facilitators, contractors/consultants, partner organizations and networking contacts.
The preferred candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
- University degree in environmental management and or other fields such as marketing, public relations, business, communication, or hospitality.
- At least one (1) year of event and or project management experience.
- Ability to carry out project accounting, tracking and reporting requirements as well as integration of project technical teams, as directed by the Project Manager or Project Director.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and key judgment skills.
· coordinators must often travel to the sites of projects to make sure that they are incorporating sustainability objectives.
DURATION OF VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT: 6 months (March 1 through August 31, 2011).
Nature of Employment: 100% volunteer work, out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
POST VOLUNTEER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
A chance to compete for full-time employment with the Green Planet Foundation.
Volunteer period will give the foundation a chance to evaluate the competence, commitment, passion, skills and potential of candidates for full-time employment. Volunteers may view it as real-life “Apprentice” leadership competition situation. In other words, don’t just tell us that you will enhance the organization’s profile, increase sponsor outreach, develop more efficient implementation protocols etc. Show us!
During this volunteer period, there will be plenty of opportunities to;
1. Organize real charity events in your area
2. Support or reach out to recruit local directors to launch projects and offer support in organizing green pageants in your state/country.
3. Help in organizing green local pageants in areas where there are no directors
4. Administrative support—letter writing, email/social network and general online outreach
5. Press release preparation
6. Document preparation
7. Production of marketing and stakeholder outreach materials especially development of video and multimedia where the volunteer acts as the spokespersons for the pageants and other current projects.
8. Many other tasks. Volunteers are encouraged to research the organization and identify problem areas, short-falls and offer solutions. Being a self-starter, being proactive, offering to assume leadership responsibility where there is a vacuum, offering to assist/take the load off colleagues, nurturing other volunteers and going beyond the call of duty, are just a few of the differentiating attributes the evaluators will be looking for.
Interviews for final employment will take place from September 1-15, 2011.
The final selection will be as follows:
· International Coordinator  Fluency in English is a must. Ability to converse in other languages such as French, Spanish, Chinese etc are added advantage, but not mandatory Post graduate education an added advantage. Must be able to attend the first Board meeting in Chicago, U.S.A on September 23, 2011. Must be able to travel to all countries without restrictions.
· Approximate Expected Starting Salary: International Coordinator US$100,000 per annum
· Continental Coordinators [1 per continent for 6 continents, namely, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America/Caribbean, South America, Oceania/Pacific, Middle East ],
Fluency in English is a must. Ability to converse in other languages prevalent in their continent added advantage, but not mandatory. Post graduate education an added advantage. Must be able to attend the first Board meeting in Chicago, U.S.A on September 23, 2011. Must be able to travel to all countries without restrictions.
Approximate Expected Starting Salary for Continental Coordinators-Average US$65,000-75,000 per annum and will vary according to continent size.
· Country Coordinators [1 per country for all countries]
Fluency in English is a must. Ability to converse in other official languages in their country an added advantage, but not mandatory. Should be able to attend the first Board meeting in Chicago, U.S.A on September 23, 2011 if circumstances allow. Must be able to travel to all countries without restrictions.
Approximate Expected Starting Salary for Country Coordinators Average US$12,000-$15,000 per annum in developing countries and will vary according to country size, plus organization car.
Average US$40,000-$50,000 per annum in developed countries and will vary according to country size, plus organization car.
· State/Province Coordinators [1 per state or province in 25 federal countries namely, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, China, Comoros, Ethiopia, Germany, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia , Nepal , Nigeria , Pakistan , Russia, St. Kitts and Nevis, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland , United Arab Emirates , United States of America , Venezuela.
Approximate Expected Starting Salary for States and Provinces--Average US$8,000-$13,000 per annum in developing countries and will vary according to country size.
Average US$25,000-$35,000 per annum in developed countries and will vary according to country size.
If interested, please e-mail info[AT]Greenplanet-Foundation.org,and tell us why you're interested in volunteering. Please mention any relevant skills or experience you may have, and include a phone number where
we can reach you. Feel free to include your resume. Questions?
call 647-686-6791 or Toll Free 1-888-GREN111.
DEADLINE March 30, 2011.
Green Planet Foundation
1-888-GREN111On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
Thank you, Dante, I share with Janet Feldman's group Holistic Helping
Andrius Kulikauskas, http://www.selflearners.net, ms@..., @selflearners
2011.03.07 19:45, Dante-Gabryell Monson rašė:
> Hi Andrius,
> fyi, below :)
> warm greetings from Brussels
> Forwarded conversation
> Subject: *Re: [OSLIST] Opening Space in Africa*
> From: *Cleo Mseka* <cleomseka@... <mailto:cleomseka@...>>
> Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM
> To: OSLIST@... <mailto:OSLIST@...>
> Hello All,
> The African Continent is ripe with opportunities, however Leadership
> is a key barrier limiting growth to propel our visions.
> I am interested in chatting more to people who have opened space in
> Africa, or used this as a tool to facilitate Leadership
> events/froums/or spaces of knowledge sharing relating to change and
> leadership and are interested in the development of the African continent.
> I am investigating the possibility of delivering a Leadership summit
> of some sort at a preferred destination in the continent.
> If you have attended leadership summits before, what worked well, what
> didnt work well, how much business did you generate from contacts
> made, what would you like to see less of or hear more of? Which
> countries in Africa would appeal to you to attend a similar event?
> If you are interested to share your
> learnings/skills/experiences/modalities/success stories/passions etc-
> please email me on cleomseka@... <mailto:cleomseka@...> or
> chat on linked-in
> Thank you for listening to me.
> Warm Regards,
> * * ==========================================================
> OSLIST@... <mailto:OSLIST@...>
> ------------------------------ To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your
> options, view the archives of oslist@...
> http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about
> OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist
> From: *Harrison Owen* <hhowen@... <mailto:hhowen@...>>
> Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:58 PM
> To: OSLIST@... <mailto:OSLIST@...>
> Wonderful idea! And I think you might have to start by narrowing the
> scope a bit. Africa, like every other continent, is not a single
> thing. Add in the fact that, where the need for what you propose is
> the greatest, the resources are least. And where the need is really
> great, not only are resources in short supply, the atmosphere is
> downright toxic. I think of Sierra Leone and Liberia in the first
> category. Great potential (natural resources, good people) – but both
> nations are hanging on by a string. And then we get to place like
> Zimbabwe… ouch! Just to add a little spice to the brew, don’t forget
> that North Africa is largely Islamic (and we know that is going on
> there – more or less). And sub Saharan Africa is largely Black -- and
> a very different kettle of fish.
> But you got to start somewhere. For whatever reason I think of Ghana.
> Not the most exciting place in the world, but it has been there for a
> long time and is on (relatively) good terms with the neighbors. Then I
> guess I would think – not of a single Summit – but a succession.
> Rolling across Africa, opening space for people to find themselves and
> their future… A thought.
> Harrison Owen
> 7808 River Falls Dr.
> Potomac, MD 20854
> Phone 301-365-2093
> www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com>
> www.ho-image.com <http://www.ho-image.com> (Personal Website)
> *From:*OSLIST [mailto:OSLIST@...
> <mailto:OSLIST@...>] *On Behalf Of *Cleo Mseka
> *Sent:* Monday, March 07, 2011 3:35 PM
> *To:* OSLIST@...
> *Subject:* Re: Opening Space in Africa
- Dear Obanda,
Greetings from Cameroon. I will like to be the National Environmental Coordinator for Cameroon since i have been working for environmental issues at all levels in the country with ruralwomen and youth. I will forward toyou my C.V when i hear from you.
Best Regards as i wait to hear from you.
Sincerely Wendi Losha Bernadette, National Coordinator,ACTWID KONGADZEM,P.O.BOX 16 BAMENDA NWR CAMEROON
EMAILS actwid_k@... or ruralwomenservices@...
Fixed office phone 23733364147
Fax 237 33363136