WANTED: Volunteer Environmental Projects Coordinators

  • Tegi Obanda
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7 7:00 PM

      VOLUNTEERS WANTED

      Volunteer Environmental Projects Coordinators

      The newly established Green Planet Foundation urgently needs volunteers as follows:

      ·        1. International Coordinators

      ·        2. Continental  Coordinators [ for 7 continents, namely, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America/Caribbean, South America, Oceania/Pacific, Middle East ],

      ·        3. Country Coordinators [for all countries]

      ·        4. State/Province Coordinators [for  states or provinces in 25 federal countries namely, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, China, Comoros,  Ethiopia,  Germany,  India,  Malaysia,  Mexico,   Micronesia , Nepal , Nigeria , Pakistan , Russia,  St. Kitts and Nevis, South Africa, Spain,  Switzerland , United Arab Emirates , United States of America , Venezuela.

      ]

      This position will comprise two major tasks 1) Charity Event Coordinator Task and 2) Environmental Projects Coordinator Task.

      1.     Charity Event Coordinator Task

        • Duties include meeting with Board of Directors to establish a financial goal, working with committees to create an event focused on seeking money for that goal and executing the event to a lucrative end. The coordinators are responsible for working with staff, vendors, guests and donors to ensure a seamless and profitable event.

      As charity event coordinators, the Environmental Projects and Scholarships Coordinators will deal with every detail of fundraising events, including venue, attendees, organization, speakers, topics, lighting, seating, catering and accommodations. In addition, these coordinators incorporate the underlying charity cause into their events. The successful candidates must have a passion for the environmental cause. In this position, the coordinator will meet with numerous volunteers, employees and donors who have extreme connections to the charity's underlying cause, and without this passion, the coordinator will have a hard time relating to the reason everyone is a part of the organization. As expected in  any non-profit setting, the coordinator will be responsible for the conception and execution of events such as auctions, balls, social evenings, dance parties, concerts, live band music events, dinners, galas, etc., designed to raise funds for the non-profit cause.

      ·        Core Responsibilities

      ·        Coordinators will  not only organize events, but also they will be expected to coordinate all aspects of the event without any hitch. In the process of such organization, they calculate and prepare budgets for the proposed events, select the appropriate locations for the events, arrange the schedules, select speakers and methods of entertainments, and select vendors and menus. Tasks of coordinator do not end there. In addition there are tasks of arrangement of accommodation for the participants and guests.

      ·        Role in Marketing Process

      ·        Creation and distribution of marketing materials like invitations, advertisements, and flyers as well as arrangement of transportation. Not only the arrangements but setting up the events and organizing the set up are also essential part of the role played by the coordinator in marketing process.

      2.     Environmental Projects Coordinator Task

      a)     MAIN PURPOSE

      The main purpose of the Environmental Projects Coordinator role is to lead and manage environmentally focused stakeholder engagement projects effectively, and to ensure that they are delivered on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards. The role also requires a Project Coordinator to contribute to marketing and developing the work of the Stakeholder Involvement Unit.

      .

      b)     DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

      i)To manage all aspects of designated engagement projects

      Proactively coordinating projects and acting as central point of contact for the project team including client, facilitators, director, and project assistants

      Actively managing project contracts, finances and personnel to ensure projects are delivered within time & budget

      Identifying, developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships

      Creating, writing and coordinating professionally accurately and timely

      Managing Project Assistants in their day to day work

      Ensuring consistent and accurate administration of engagement projects including:

      _ Maintaining databases

      _ Mail merging and distribution of invitations or information

      _ Event logistics such as booking venues

      Dealing with project related media enquiries and activities

      Evaluating projects systematically in order to capture and share learning from what do, and to

      facilitate a culture of continuous individual and organizational learning

      ii) To promote engagement and to develop new prospects for the project.

      Identifying and pursuing opportunities that might be suitable for engagement projects

      Process telephone, email and other written enquiries about engagement.

      Initiating and attending meetings with potential funders

      Developing and writing project proposals

      ·        Preparing media press releases and being the public spokesperson and face of the organization in your area of responsibility.

      Attending events and making presentations as necessary

      Writing case studies in order to capture our learning, use as training materials, and to promote the work of the foundation.

      iii) To contribute to team / organizational work

      To lead and manage by example, and to encourage team work

      To foster a ‘can do’ culture of by actively seeking solutions to problems

      To take responsibility for projects, which may require independent working

      • Help to maintain and develop the organization’s policies and resources

      c)     GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES

      • Assist in the development of systems & protocols.

      Operate within organizational policies and practices

      Undertake other tasks as directed

      Be responsible for your own administration, including paperwork and filing

      d)     DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY

      Authorizes expenditure within own budget lines up to $200 (this includes contracts & contractual matters on behalf of the foundation up to this value)

      Accountable for budget lines & delivery

      Deputizes for team leader on specific projects as requested

      This job description does not form part of your contract of employment. The duties laid down in

      this job description may change following a review and in consultation between postholder(s)

      and line manager and senior manager.

      e)     POSITION IN ORGANISATION

      ·        Reports to: Line Managed by Team Leader

      ·        Responsible for: Supervises Project Assistants, temporary staff and volunteers as and

      when required.

      ·        Main Relationships: Liaises internally across the organization, in particular with Project

      Assistants, Project Coordinators, Team Leaders, senior staff on specific projects and Board of Directors.

      ·        Liaises externally with current and potential funders, current and potential stakeholders, facilitators, contractors/consultants, partner organizations and networking contacts.

      Job Requirements:

      The preferred candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:

      • University degree in environmental management and or other fields such as marketing, public relations, business, communication, or hospitality.
      • At least one (1) year of event and or project management experience.
      • Ability to carry out project accounting, tracking and reporting requirements as well as integration of project technical teams, as directed by the Project Manager or Project Director.
      • Strong interpersonal, communication and key judgment skills.

      ·         coordinators must often travel to the sites of projects to make sure that they are incorporating sustainability objectives.

      DURATION OF VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT: 6 months (March 1 through August 31, 2011).

      Nature of Employment: 100% volunteer work, out of pocket expenses reimbursed.

      POST VOLUNTEER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

      A chance to compete for full-time employment with the Green Planet Foundation.

      Volunteer period will give the foundation a chance to evaluate the competence, commitment, passion, skills and potential of candidates for full-time employment. Volunteers may view it as real-life “Apprentice” leadership competition situation. In other words, don’t just tell us that you will enhance the organization’s profile, increase sponsor outreach, develop more efficient implementation protocols etc. Show us!

      During this volunteer period, there will be plenty of opportunities to;

      1.      Organize real charity events in your area

      2.     Support or reach out to recruit local directors to launch projects and offer support in organizing green pageants in your state/country.

      3.     Help in organizing green local pageants in areas where there are no directors

      4.     Administrative support—letter writing, email/social network and general online outreach

      5.     Press release preparation

      6.     Document preparation

      7.      Production of marketing and stakeholder outreach materials especially development of video and multimedia where the volunteer acts as the spokespersons for the pageants and other current projects.

      8.     Many other tasks. Volunteers are encouraged to research the organization and identify problem areas, short-falls and offer solutions. Being a self-starter, being proactive, offering to assume leadership responsibility where there is a vacuum, offering to assist/take the load off  colleagues, nurturing other volunteers and going beyond the call of duty, are just a few of the differentiating attributes the evaluators will be looking for.

      9.

      Interviews for final employment will take place from September 1-15, 2011.

      The final selection will be as follows:

      ·        International Coordinator [1] Fluency in English is a must. Ability to converse in other languages such as French, Spanish, Chinese etc are added advantage, but not mandatory  Post graduate education an added advantage. Must be able to attend the first Board meeting in Chicago, U.S.A on September 23, 2011. Must be able to travel to all countries without restrictions.

      ·        Approximate Expected Starting Salary: International Coordinator US$100,000 per annum

      ·        Continental  Coordinators [1 per continent for 6 continents, namely, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America/Caribbean, South America, Oceania/Pacific, Middle East ],

       Fluency in English is a must. Ability to converse in other languages prevalent in their continent added advantage, but not mandatory. Post graduate education an added advantage. Must be able to attend the first Board meeting in Chicago, U.S.A on September 23, 2011. Must be able to travel to all countries without restrictions.

      Approximate Expected Starting Salary for Continental Coordinators-Average US$65,000-75,000 per annum and will vary according to continent size.

      ·

      ·        Country Coordinators [1 per country for all countries]

       Fluency in English is a must. Ability to converse in other official languages in their country an added advantage, but not mandatory. Should be able to attend the first Board meeting in Chicago, U.S.A on September 23, 2011 if circumstances allow. Must be able to travel to all countries without restrictions.

      Approximate Expected Starting Salary for Country Coordinators Average US$12,000-$15,000 per annum in developing countries and will vary according to country size, plus organization car.

      Average US$40,000-$50,000 per annum in developed countries and will vary according to country size, plus organization car.

      .

       ·        State/Province Coordinators [1 per state or province in 25 federal countries namely, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, China, Comoros,  Ethiopia,  Germany,  India,  Malaysia,  Mexico,   Micronesia , Nepal , Nigeria , Pakistan , Russia,  St. Kitts and Nevis, South Africa, Spain,  Switzerland , United Arab Emirates , United States of America , Venezuela.

      Approximate Expected Starting Salary for States and Provinces--Average US$8,000-$13,000 per annum in developing countries and will vary according to country size.

      Average US$25,000-$35,000 per annum in developed countries and will vary according to country size.

      If interested, please e-mail info[AT]Greenplanet-Foundation.org,and tell us why you're interested in volunteering. Please mention any relevant skills or experience you may have, and include a phone number where

      we can reach you. Feel free to include your resume. Questions?

      call 647-686-6791 or Toll Free 1-888-GREN111.

      DEADLINE March 30, 2011.

      Executive Director

      Green Planet Foundation

      1-888-GREN111

      www.Greenplanet-Foundation.org

      http://missgreenplanet.com

      greenplanet-foundation.org

      On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:

      Thank you, Dante, I share with Janet Feldman's group Holistic Helping
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/
      Andrius Kulikauskas, http://www.selflearners.net, ms@..., @selflearners

    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10 10:43 AM
        Dear Obanda,
        Greetings from Cameroon. I will like to be the   National Environmental Coordinator for Cameroon  since i have been working for environmental issues at all levels in the country with ruralwomen and youth. I will forward toyou my C.V when i hear from you.
        Best Regards as i wait  to hear from you.
        Sincerely Wendi Losha Bernadette, National Coordinator,ACTWID KONGADZEM,P.O.BOX 16 BAMENDA NWR CAMEROON
        EMAILS actwid_k@... or ruralwomenservices@...
        Tel..23777333500
        Fixed office phone 23733364147
        Fax 237 33363136