Re: [holistichelping] Picha Mtaani: Photo Exhibit on Community Dialogue and Reconciliation in Kenya Pos

  • photocrusade@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2011
      We can help by hosting photos online at our site www. photocrusade.com!

      --- Original Message ---
      From:"Janet Feldman" <kaippg@...>
      Sent:Sat 2/12/11 12:25 am
      To:"kca_main" <kca_main@yahoogroups.com>,"holistichelping@yahoogroups.com" <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com>
      Subj:[holistichelping] Picha Mtaani: Photo Exhibit on Community Dialogue and Reconciliation in Kenya Pos

      http://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/forum/topic/show?id=780588%3ATopic%3A365485&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

      Over the past few years, Boniface Mwangi, an award-winning photojournalist-turned-activist, has sought to foster community dialogue and reconciliation from the 2007-2008 post-election violence. He has traveled with his photography exhibit in communities throughout Kenya. Now, he is coming to the United States to engage diaspora communities in this effort and conversation. Here are a few resources to explain further:

      Picha Mtaani, the website for Boniface's project: www.pichamtaani.org

      A short video of a TED Talk with Boniface explaining it: http://www.ted.com/pages/view/id/391

      And the poster from the planned Rutgers photo exhibit, happening soon, attached

      We are seeking contacts in different cities with strong Kenyan diaspora communities, and we would be delighted if you would be interested in helping with this project: whether to host the exhibit, offer suggestions, connect with the community that supported the Hakimani Center (Jesuit and beyond), or help contact Kenyan diaspora in the US. Please contact me at sasha.kinney (at) gmail.com or Boniface Mwangi directly at boniface (at) pichamtaani.org.