With Baobab now

  • Loku Charles
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2006
      Samuel, how are doing? am alkready in Nairobi, find me at the offices of Baobab Communications at Windsor House 3rd floor Kenyatta Avenue. I wil be here up to the end of the week. My line is also operational: +256712354107. Let me hear from you. Charles.

      samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:
      Carles,

      Be specific and send me you travel information to make me get in touch.

      Samwel
      Loku Charles <lokuc@...> wrote:

      Hey Samuel, This is a wonderful innovation after the Africa Source spot light. Incase you will need a prototype of a proposal to actualize your vision, find me for a copy designed to implement ICT in universal resource centers for TLC in Uganda, so that you can modify it in accordance with FOSS requirements.
      God willing, I may catch you in Nairobi for coming workshop. Peace.

      Charles

      samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:
      Dear Jeff,

      it is wonderful to have the said things on my network and the opinion you have given is good, although  i am having that emmense FOSS experience and exposure I need some few hints like your for support but Janet had proposed I sent a well organised format for Fund Application.

      I am grateful that you can see good way of supporting by creating a wiki page for me, this blog can make me have more exposure and my problem is funds and computers to make me concted.

      thanks for your insights

      Regards,
      Samwel

      jeff buderer <jeff@...> wrote:
      Dear Samwel and Janet,

      Samwel, Thanks for the report on Africa Source. I was wondering if I could use your report in putting together a report for this event on OVF’s blog website http://blog.onevillage.tv.

      Also I suggest that in terms of follow up that we set up a wiki for you so that we can work with you to organize your ideas in preparation of the grant applications process to fund your developing efforts as they evolve into programs.

      >"logical framework"....do you know about those?
      Could you elaborate on this further?

      >Many grants require that format/outline (basically boxes representing times, stages of project development, et al). I can send you a sample as needed.
      I suggest this could be a process for us all to get better informed and more confident in the grant application process.

      >A "business plan", for at least one of things you want to do--and possibly something "integrated", ie with several interlocking activities--will be good to develop. Are there some among us here experienced in doing that?
      I  was particularly impressed with your ability to integrate various ideas together in his report.

      >I also suggest learning about and connecting with people/orgs and activities related to FOSS in Kenya. Here are some useful urls, and read more abt a FOSS conference in Nairobi towards the end of February!

      http://www.i4donline.net/oct04/untapped_full.asp (a good article on FOSS in Kenya)

      Samwel seeing your successful follow up with Africa Source II and your immediate application of your skills there, we might consider the process for collaboration in terms of how we can support you as follow up to Africa Source II.

      I was also thinking Janet that in relation to those links offered above we might consider who is most relevant for us to contact in terms of both supporting Samwel and our related work in Kenya and Africa. Because I would like to think that the value of Samwel’s exposure to Africa Source II goes beyond just Samwel but extends to our networks as well. This exposes to me the importance of setting a wiki to better integrate our efforts.

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2006

        Dear Samwel and all,

        I have finally been able to organize a bit of what I wanted in regards to the blogging of the recent Summer Source workshop in Uganda.

        I wanted to acknowledge and validate the effort you put into your report of the event and so I decided after some editing that it merited its own spot on the blog, independent of my own comments and ideas.

        Also see my Charting the Way Foward after Tactical Tech's African Source II Workshop in which I add my comments regarding the way as some of our interesting past experiences with Tactical Tech.

        I was wondering if you or anyone you knew had any pictures of the event that we could add to the blogs.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2006
          dear Jeff,

          I am right now I am preparing the proposal and soon send it to you

          I have one photo here for you and remember I am sick and will complete it the moment I get well. My cell phone no is +254725600439 pass it to Andrius and Lukas.

          Get the Phot attachement

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7, 2006
            Samwel,

            Good to hear froom you. I look forward to reviewing your proposal.

            Take your time we are here to help you when you are ready.

            Hope you get well soon.

            Jeff