Re: [holistichelping] Peter, when will you repay me the loan?/Biochar project needs $120...Andrius needs $100 (help, anyone?)

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2010
      Dear Peter and All,

      Thank you for info abt this very interesting project, one which has great potential to help slow the destruction of forests. From what I understand, you need about $120 to fill the gap in funding, and $100 for Andrius.

      What are plans for Phase 3 of the project? What will be the funding needs? Please do post to all of us about this, as between us we may be able to help in one way or the other.

      With blessings and big bravos for an exciting and valuable venture! Janet

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2010

        Hi Everyone,

        Over the months/years I’ve been watching the emails and work I too have seen and noticed the funding and financing issues. Is anyone overseeing the necessary legal structures to do long term funding/fundraising and project management? It is quite possible and can be managed once some formal and basic legal architecture is in place. I personally have assisted in this and through a consulting firm I am a director in we can and do assist with grant writing and project management with a focus on technology empowered endeavors. However the threshold is a legal structure and if that is so far missing please recognize that it is needed, at the very least.

        Sherrie

> [...]

        >> registered as NGO if possible. Creating webpage for
        >> global awareness of this group existance and to open gates for future
        >> external supports from supportive organizations worldwide.

        >>                   Will
        the community permanently benefit from the
        >> project?     This is obviously
        >> true, for biochar is the answer to our soil fertility  management
        at
        >> per our standard ability for soil managent. We are to benefit the
        >> achievement of biochar project for our economic independence in the
        >> future as it has shown increament in our crop yields in the last
        >> planting season. Collectively, the group is standing better chance of
        >> having group control of  resources the community might acquire
        and
        >> collective decisions and self confidence  that this would make
        >> difference in the lives in the community.

        positive impact on the