Mothballing the Minciu Sodas websites

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2010
      Hi Pamela, Edward, Franz, Ricardo and all,

      Greetings from Chicago. I'll try to write an update every month or so,
      what I'm up to.

      Meanwhile, I want to shut down the Minciu Sodas server because it's too
      expensive for me to pay for it (about $55 per month) and I don't have time
      or energy or interest to organize others, nor do I see any commercial
      benefit. I may have a new interest in four or five years, but also will
      likely take a fresh approach.

      My plan is to upload to http://www.archive.org an archive of my server's
      content and code for the Minciu Sodas websites. I will keep some of the
      websites (like http://www.ms.lt and perhaps http://www.worknets.org) but
      give up others to those who might be interested to pursue them further
      (like http://www.myfoodstory.com, http://www.pyramidofpeace.net,
      http://www.includer.org) or otherwise sell the domains.

      I plan to stop using the server at the end of July. That means that our
      chat room and wikis won't be available after that.

      I expect to direct ms.lt and worknets.org to another server such as Franz
      Nahrada's where they might be hosted for free. This can be done later.

      When I find time, especially if there is interest, I will try to make
      available an archive of our letters, wiki pages, chat from 1998 to 2010.

      Ed, what might be your plans for http://www.earthtreasury.org ?

      Greetings from Chicago,

      +370 699 30003