Re: [holistichelping] Re: Letter from Russia

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006
      Hello Dear Algis and All,

      Thanks so much for this great info, which seems definitive to me! Perhaps a Google search will help in future for things like this!

      I am reminded of a funny story--as I look back on it--from years ago, when my mother and I encountered what looked to be a down-on-his-luck musician--fiddling away for change thrown into his violin case--and pathetic-looking little dog, on the sidewalks of New York City. Naturally we felt sorry for the man and his poor pooch, so we gave him a couple dollars, as did many other people. A year later, I read that he had been apprehended by our govt tax service, the IRS, for raking in huge profits without reporting them. He was then living in a penthouse and wearing Gucci loafers...I imagine there might have been diamonds studding his dog's collar, or at least that she ate steak every night for dinner, haha!

      Another recent posting to HH has reminded us that huge numbers of people do live the life "Valentin" describes, though, and the shameful thing is that he is spoiling things for those who truly need help, as those of us so scammed (or receiving these notes, at any rate) start to feel cynical and "ripped off".

      Thanks for relieving our minds enough about this situation so that we won't feel bad not responding to this note, the better to concentrate energies on those among us who are in need! With all best wishes and here's to more Valentines and less Valentins, haha! Janet