Re: [holistichelping] Film on Witch-Hunting in Kisii, W. Kenya: Please Send Info, Links, and Updates/attention: John Dada and Dorinda (re Nigeria)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2010

      Dear Pam, John, Vincho, Dorinda, and All,

      Immense thanks for your response, Pam, and I am ccing John Dada of the Fantsuam Foundation in Nigeria, as well as Vincho Nchogu, the filmmaker, and Dorinda Moreno of Fuerza Mundial, Elders of 4 Colors 4 Directions, and Hitec Aztec Collaborations/FM Global. Dorinda is involved with an activist in Nigeria who is trying to address the poisons caused by oil exploration, which badly affect lands and communities in parts of Nigeria. This surely includes women, so there may be some connections to explore between all of you, related to the posting about a new project that addresses MDG #5, with a focus on maternal health and women.

      Pam, I do think this film is Kenya-focused, but Vincho and others of us are aware about the terrible situation in Nigeria, not only with adults of accused of witchcraft, but even moreso children accused of being witches, as you yourself mention.

      John, bravo for your courageous and important work, and I myself would like to hear more on this topic, and in particular about your work on it. I'm sure Vincho would too.

      With greatest thanks again and deep appreciation for your courage and caring, Janet