Reflections

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19 5:59 AM
      Hi Andrius,

      First, my apologies for not having been so much active in contribution.
      I am happy that you identified me with a working group and gave me that space to moderate, and post my ideas.
      I have made a million steps ahead and really benefited from the forum-A journey i want to continue with.
      You have helped me lead the path, moulded me, empowered me by embracing and working positively around my ideas.

      They say knowledge is power, and it is this power that we have yet to explore to power our future.
      With schooling abundant in many areas, it is usually not a problem to go to school every day.
      For me, the reality of going to school to the levels i desired was not a possibility.
      Certain areas of issues i desired to learn but did not, i find it in your social forum today, i meet great minds, and work on ideas i shied away from before.
      This capacity has become vital to enhancing my everyday live.
      It is a profound work you are doing Andrius and a nourishing platform you are providing, bravo!
      M.S.L has been like a virtual classroom for me, it has been a gift of learning, sharing and meeting with People from different levels of life.
      Inviting Nafsi Africa Acrobats to Lithuania for the Communia meeting in 2008, was an inspiration and a wake-up call that there is much we can do with or beyond our talent and career-acrobatics.

      My wish this Year is to continue my spirited support, efforts, involvement and active participation in Minciu Sodas.
      At the moment, i am based in Denmark, a different environment from Kenya.
      I am reflecting on the concepts, social sorts and areas of investigation that i would work on now.

      I am working with Youths at a local Youths Community Center (
      (www.frontloberne.dk/)and training children of a famed Children Circus called Flying Super kids ( www.flyingsuperkids.dk) in Arhus City.

      With the Youths, it is is a cross-cultural exchange consisting of a series of arts-based workshops intended to instill confidence, promote self-empowerment, and use the creative process to develop tools for community and self configuration.

      The key element is the exchange, which occurs through the workshop's motivation in presenting the professional works of the other's culture and allowing for a point of correspondence by understanding the affinities that bleed beyond border lines.

      I have been brains storming on the possibilities of carrying ahead with the video-bridging idea.  ubuntuvoices1850

      Initiate an exciting on-line discussion forum that aims to connect Youths in kenya with Youths and organizations in Denmark and probably beyond.

      The idea isn't fully formed yet, but the notion is to create a forum where Youths all over the world (eventually) can come together and discuss issues of poverty, Arts, HIV, networking, etc.

      Anyway, these are just thoughts i am brewing.

      We got the Sneakernet project started again, and in the mean time it is a files exchange phase between Tom Ochuka in Kisumu and me.

      I believe Ricardo gave an in depth of this in his posting on the Mendenyo.

      I am organising a possible tour for Nafsi Africa Acrobats between the Months of June to September.

      This is in collaboration with the Diaspora Community of Kenyans, the Kenyan Community in Lecce headed by Chris Ouma Pamba.

      Already we have a confirmed possibility to perform in a two days festival in Torino in June.

      I am consolidating links and organising a possibility of getting invitations and tickets to Italy.
      I am also linking up with organisations who may support our focuss of providing a Europe-Kenya intercultural bridge towards artistic development.
      And i just remembered, the COMMUNIA meeting in Torino, Italy on June 28-30, 2010.
      We are really interested in making a participation, suppose we will be in Italy.

      I will share more in my next postings.

      Peace,

      Ken Owino
      Nafsi Africa Acrobats