Re: [holistichelping] Fwd: [OK] Mapping the Open Manufacturing Ecosystem and 7th Jan., 12_00 GMT chat
- Dear CollageuesCan someone send me an email that was recently send on the 5 year story, I deleted it by mistake,Thznk youMasimbaOn Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Wael Al Saad <globalpalestine@...> wrote:can we put the idea of mapping projects through OpenKollab Ecosystem Pooled Fund on the chat-meetings agenda?Wael---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Suresh Fernando <suresh@...>
Date: Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Subject: [OK] Mapping the Open Manufacturing Ecosystem
Cc: openkollab@..., Samuel Rose <samuel.rose@...>, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004@...>, Cooperationcommons@...
In looking through the member list for this group, I note that many of you are a part of the Open Manufacturing Ecosystem.
In case you are not aware, OpenKollab, the Forward Foundation and the P2P Foundation are collaborating on mapping out this space in some detail.
In mapping the ecosystem we are interested in understanding
- What the various projects in this space are working
- What the goals of the projects are
- What relationships they have with each other (common technologies, processes, markets, people etc.)
- What possibilities there are for projects to work together
The reason that we are mapping the ecosystem is
- We are looking for candidate projects for the OpenKollab Ecosystem Pooled Fund
- We will be able to develop research and intelligence on how P2P networks are structured and how they function. This intelligence can then be used to develop visual maps and other sorts of 'views' of the space that can then be used to connect work being done in this area with work that is being done in other ecosystems.
- We can help to build collaborative infrastructure and processes to help these networks function more effectively.
Candidate projects will be those that bear some relation to each other and where we can identify synergy or mutual interdependence. Since you are all working on distributed manufacturing projects, there is clearly some relationship.
The question is whether you are willing to come together and work together to make it possible for us to support you by helping you to raise money.
In short, we believe that the work that is being done in this space good benefit from better financing methodologies so we are working towards developing a model to make this happen.
Let me know your thoughts and whether you would be willing to collaborate with us on this initiative.
This is a message from the OpenKollab Google Group located at http://groups.google.com/group/openkollab?hl=en
To post to this group, send email to openkollab@...