Andrius: art project at Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi Sophie,

      I'm glad that we could speak last week at the Academy of Fine Arts,
      Vienna, where the students have been protesting and occupying a hall for
      several months.
      http://www.malen-nach-zahlen.at/?lang=en
      http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-346433

      I will be in Vienna for all of February. I'm staying with Franz Nahrada
      at his Hotel Karolinenhof http://www.karolinenhof.at who you know and
      who spoke to the students about a solidarity economy.

      My plan is to illustrate a culture of independent thinkers. (The basic
      principles are here: http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Charter ) I lead
      Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt an open laboratory for serving and
      organizing independent thinkers.

      I want to illustrate:
      * people's deepest values in life (as stars in the sky)
      * their dreams-in-life (as trees in an orchard)
      * the questions they wish to answer (as angels going up and down
      ladders to heaven, like Jakob's ladder)
      * the parts of our culture they take moral authority for (perhaps
      wrestlers for the angels).

      Here are questions in German that I will ask:
      * Welcher wert bestimmt Dein Leben? (Dein Leitstern!)
      * Was ist der Traum Deines Lebens?
      * Welche Frage möchtest Du beantworten können?
      * Was möchtest Du wirklich, wirklich tun?
      * Worin siehst Du Dich als moralische Autorität?

      I will come this evening and start drawing and put up some kind of
      poster, then expand. I will make it easy to move my art work so that it
      can be moved and altered when and as needed.

      +370 699 30003
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
        Dear Andrius and All,

        I just want to say "how exciting and inspiring"!! I am off in the Haitian art world at the moment, also a universe where creativity, dreams, life as we know it and life as we would wish it could be, moral authority, politics and protest are all depicted.

        My apologies for not being here more at present to be interactive, but know that we are travelling together in spirit, and that our paths will surely converge and unite--if not ignite!!--when the time is right.

        With big bravos, bon courage, and blessings always!! Love, Janet