Re: [holistichelping] My Math Story - Please comment!

  • Masimba Biriwasha
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
      Dear Andrius,

      Mathematics has always been far-removed for many people because the teaching process is so abstract. Yet people who fail abstracted mathematics still manage to survive in life resolving issues that involve numbers. I think the proposal is very relevant and is an innovative and creative way of making maths accessible to many people. In my opinion, making mathematics practical and relevant to people can significant decrease the fear associated with the tradition abstracted teaching methods of the subject.

      Additionally, the construction of mathematical problems can be culture and context specific to enhance easier understanding of math principles. This teaching method can be applied in places where teachers may not be available.

      - Chief K.Masimba Biriwasha, France

      On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
      Hi, I submitted a $125,000 proposal "My Math Story" for the DML
      competition.  Please add your comments at:
      http://dmlcompetition.net/pligg/story.php?title=679
      or simply reply to this letter.  The more comments we get, the more
      chance this proposal will win and I will give lots of paid work for our
      teams.  If you've ever received paid work from Minciu Sodas, or if you'd
      like us to continue our good work, please do submit your comments or
      Thank you!
      Andrius Kulikauskas

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         holistichelping-digest@yahoogroups.com
         holistichelping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • tom ochuka
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
        Dear Andrius and all,
         Have begun the work this year with lots of challenges have had my mum sick and down with Annemia,This project is wonderfull , I would like to recomemd you,coment on this and coment on the work the MS Lab is spreading,
        Soince its inception Ms  has played roles in colabopration by Adding groups to mulyiply the surport needed to run this lab,with this there has been no divided minds but subtracted Porverty in all Regions,
        I CAN SAY all the best to this project it will ,in future bring to multyply surport to all in this lab, and espexcially to the deaf comunity,
        I trust and belive that as always you will succeded in this funding.
        God bless you,
        Tom Ochuka