Re: Knight News Challenge proposal

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2010
      Seth Lewis wrote:
      > On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Seth Lewis <sethclewis@...
      > <mailto:sethclewis@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Dear Andrius,
      >

      > Hi, I'm a Ph.D. student in the School of Journalism at the
      > University of Texas at Austin. For my dissertation this year, I'm
      > examining cases of innovation in journalism, and in particular I'm
      > looking at the Knight News Challenge and some of its key finalists
      > and winners.
      >

      > I'm writing to see if you might be able to find and share with me
      > a copy of your 2008 News Challenge proposal. Gary Kebbel and the
      > staff at the Knight Foundation have been very helpful in providing
      > information on past winners, but it appears they don't have a copy
      > of your proposal to share with me (perhaps it was submitted in the
      > "closed" category?).
      >

      > If you can find it in your files, do you mind sending me a copy of
      > your proposal? I'm referring to the "full proposal" that the
      > Knight Foundation asked for as you reached the finalist stage.
      > Your input will be very helpful as I write about the goals and
      > strategies of News Challenge winners from 2007 to 2009.
      >

      > If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know --
      > and thank you in advance for your assistance.
      >

      > Best regards,
      >
      > Seth
      >

      > Seth C. Lewis
      >
      > Ph.D. candidate, Journalism
      >
      > University of Texas at Austin
      >
      > 512.739.2492 (c)
      >
      > sethlewis.org <http://sethlewis.org/>

      Hi Seth,

      Here's a copy of my full proposal for the Includer:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?KnightNewsChallenge2007

      The working groups where we worked on the proposal:
      and on the Includer:

      My first twelve posts at the PBS website are:
      http://www.pbs.org/idealab/andrius_kulikauskas/
      and then I was banned from posting.

      My thirteenth post was deleted:
      http://www.includer.org/?p=302

      After that I blogged all of my posts at my own site:
      http://www.includer.org

      Here are my reports which go in detail with my difficulties dealing with
      the Knight Foundation:
      http://www.includer.org/?p=694
      http://www.includer.org/?p=550
      http://www.includer.org/?p=440

      Seth, if you have any questions, please let me know. I'm glad that I
      got paid, but all in all it was a very disturbing experience. I think I
      qualify as an American dissident.

      Best wishes in your research.

      +370 699 30003