Ashoka Changemakers are hiring

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2010
      Hi Janet and all,
      Benoit alerted me that Ashoka is hiring
      http://www.changemakers.com/en-us/careers
      There are many positions and one can be based near Providence, Rhode
      Island so I alert Janet as well. I think some of the other positions can
      be done online and I plan to apply and Janet and others might be
      interested.
      Andrius Kulikauskas
      ------------------------------

      5. Outreach Marketing Coordinator - Short Term Contract

      Ashoka's Changemakers is looking for an Outreach Marketing Coordinator to
      work remotely.

      The Role:

      This role is part community relationship manager, part customer service
      rep, and part advisor for Ashoka's Changemakers upcoming online
      competition. We run open source competitions online to connect those doing
      good work on the ground with their peers, to investors and to thought
      leaders. For the upcoming competition, we will be seeking local ideas and
      innovations that inspire community action from 7 US based cities. The goal
      of the Outreach Coordinator is to conduct outreach to various entities
      (potential entrants, existing entrants, partners, etc.) with the goal of
      engaging them with the opportunities on Changemakers.com. The role will be
      charged with initiating communication and spreading the word about the
      opportunity, responding to inbound questions about Changemakers and
      helping organizations figure out how best to use Changemakers,
      brainstorming creative solutions to outreach challenges and solving any
      problems the entrants and potential entrants may have.

      Responsibilities:

      * Build a contact list of potential entrants.
      * Provide support to and build strong communications with potential
      entrants.
      * Implement partner programs and processes, including managing
      database and tracking effectiveness of resulting partner campaigns.
      * Opportunity to attend community events, meetings, etc., to spread
      the word about Changemakers.
      * Coordinating local marketing efforts (newspapers ads, community
      flyers, etc.) in a 7 city strategy
      * Build relationships with potential promoters who will assist in
      sharing competition news to their networks, and others who wish to
      engage with the Changemakers online community

      Details:

      * Full Time
      * Applicant should be located in or close to one of the following
      cities: Boston MA, Hartford CT, New York suburbs or Providence RI
      * Duration of position: January 15th - May 15th
      * Email your resume to connect@... with the subject
      Outreach Marketing Coordinator - Contract