Re: Open Kollab's Pooled Fund Initiative & Minciu Sodas's Economy of Dreams

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 24, 2009
      Thank you to Suresh Fernando, Steve Bosserman, David Pinto and all for
      encouraging me and all to participate at Open Kollab. I share responses
      from Pamela McLean and Franz Nahrada, two leaders of Minciu Sodas
      working groups, Learning From Each Other
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningfromeachother/ and Global Villages
      Pinto's question "What would you do with $100,000 for the coming year,
      what would you hope to achieve?" in the coming days and I encourage us
      all likewise. Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt,
      ms@..., +370 699 30003

      -------------------------

      Hi Andrius

      Briefly ref

      " He's asking:
      * How do I get organizations that have high level of convergence and
      values to work together in ways that allow them to keep their
      independence and autonomy and find points of contact for collaboration?"

      and
      * How do we get 100,000,000 people to work on an issue such as global
      poverty?

      As you know I am interested in closer collaboration between Dadamac and
      Minciu Sodas and related networks/organisations. I am interested in how
      we can "rub minds" on inter-related issues like global poverty, climate
      change, health, water and sanitation, education/training, Internet use
      for learning and collaboration, etc etc.- and not just rub minds but
      actively collaborate in practical projects

      I have been putting a lot of time and thought during 2009 into effective
      UK-Nigeria collaboration (and how to share what we do with others) and
      also into experiments with what I want to develop as our online space
      (some of this thinking becoming visible at www.dadamac.net and more of
      it still in my head or "beind the scenes").

      A blog I wrote earlier today may shed a bit more light on this
      http://www.dadamac.net/blog/20091223/dadamac-beyond-nigeria
      Also there are various on-the-ground Dadamac collaborative projects in
      Nigeria that are moving ahead more rapidly now as a result of Marcus'
      recent visit to Benin and Nigeria.

      Pam.

      ------------------

    • Wael Al Saad
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 24, 2009

        Dear all,

        I have been watching many threads in OK group and the dynamic there is driving my passion higher every day .. I did not find the proper thoughts or sometimes the time to contribute.

        But these questions could not stop me without commenting:
        * How do I get organizations that have high level of convergence and
        values to work together in ways that allow them to keep their
        independence and autonomy and find points of contact for collaboration?"

        and
        * How do we get 100,000,000 people to work on an issue such as global
        poverty?

        Allow me to share my thoughts, as I have been chasing the question of collaboration for your global fragmented Palestinian nation since many years. The only nation who lost its homelands, been displaced partly or lives under foreign occupation. Three generations lives in political, cultural and geographical separation  from each other. Still this nation need to build it self and chose its way on this world in time of global emergence and commons.
        Networking Palestine, building our nation is 100% the same challenge of building new global humanity. To develop Palestinian commons in or current situation requires same mechanism and tools of global commons and synergy building. The humanity and progressive movement is learning to cooperate without post-colonial borders, 10th century political mind ..
        I came to the conclusion, we can not find our common path, if the world is not getting to that point, and so my struggle become how to change the reality building in Palestine, so that we become part of the change the wold needs.
        At certain point I have invented the concept of building "Global Brain Application" (GBA)-Seed, to enable a unified platform of collective intelligence enables every human to use in freedom global constructive energy in local change. It is very abstract approach required a high meta-intellectual agreement on the Vision and its motivation, in times many belong to uncompleted different mere world views, in times our groups is finding each-others, ..
        The nature of fragmentation for the majority of global movement is technical or psychological and not ideological. Technical because we did not have the glue-application yet (GBA). Psychological, because the leadership-ego ..

        I have almost gave up GBA-seed, as I came to an important conclusion about how we can heal and ripe our human-ecology.

        We need new type of economic dynamic growth: Holistic Healing Green Economic growth. We need new path, where we put our energy and our collective intelligence in; the out-put is the new growth above, where new realties are co-created and older realities are transformed. The gray time era is a capital for changing-energy. So we need to shift the center of our economic will, so that it gains a holistic healing effect, socially, ecologically, psychologically, .. by giving "what" we are working, "how" and "why" collective holistic healing values. Every single moment, thought, quantum of energy over time can be sit into healing "economic" channel. Why "economic"? Because almost all humans spend their life-energy (physical, mental, ) in/for the money-box, we should us the medium of energy-focus as initial point for collective transformation, to open the healing space around the box, where individuals get into new healing environment of work with infinite of new sustainable choices. The meta-intelligence design of the holistic green healing economic platform will shift human abilities and internal expressive capacities into new dimensions of consciousness about creating reality, by being conscious about the holistic dynamic taking place into the whole economic body. Healing growth will take place.
        The technical set-up of transparent ,open, participatory, socio-ecological bottom up -directly owned- "economic environment or cell-site" (I am not sure, which best legal name to give, association, corporation, ..) is the challenge. A network between these healing cells, will from the entire body on local, regional and global scale. The IT running such body is the key for global commons, holistic synergy and "Global-Green-Mind Application" reflecting as a mirror our individual co-selves of ONE-Self running by creation (creator for believer), to be the creation (server of creator for believer) in all its patterns.
        Products, services, all economic flow would get place under unified hybrid trademark. The global entire community within will make a split between old and new world by economic behavior. The new sustainable choices will grow, in parallel with the healing environment.

        Masses, deeply trapped into the operating system in crises, are not able to develop the standards/principles to create such a communal healing green cell, the intelligentsia looking after change should do.
        Once it is done, most of the energy we used for change will be allocated into the new designed energy-patterns.
        The intelligentsia it self is consuming the realities out of the operating system, so that it is sustaining its nature.  Slightly emergence is observed every where .. but can't we accelerate change and global emergence?

        So, can we belong to large-scale ONE bottom up green cooperative cooperation? Can what consume, what we do at work, how and why we do it, be the core of our unity?

        Enhanced C2C certification for the entire products and services + direct-ownership .. + a network of de-centralized modular green communal green production cell with appropriate technology + I&C , R&D .. > A simple overview, how it could look like: from a healing cell http://twitpic.com/uoznk , to a global healing environment http://twitpic.com/uozwj

        With sense rural areas, under/developing countries,  are the core of change in the world. There is huge potential there.
        If we manage to develop the first healing cell, we can plant it every where and network the economic social-ecological flow. The appropriate logistics of local/regional/global destitution can be optimized efficiently.
        There is many initiatives like clear-village, global-village, global solar village, appropedia.org.. , so why not to combine these model into one intelligent design-seed ?

        These models would find each-other if there is a proper communication utility and mechanism. Or developing a complete concept of economic cooperation and open it for participation.  Affinited  groups will use there part of there budget/potential/capacity to build a shared group, which creates the needed communication tools so that all become the bottom up green cooperation, which operate according local needs under same principles, using collective intelligence ..

        The idea of the pooled fund, the philosophy behind,  is so significant that it is from me, the idea of 2009. It is one sector, the financial element,  of the economic holistic healing green concept I am addressing.
        So what not to thing very big and move from here forward creating world largest bottom cooperative green corporation investing in healing the humanity and planet ?

        Wael

        --
        This is a message from the OpenKollab Google Group located at http://groups.google.com/group/openkollab?hl=en

      • Wael Al Saad
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 24, 2009
          I think that many of us share your deeper concerns and would agree that we need to do things differently with greater concern for the planet, our neighbours etc. The challenge is that the problems are so large that the solutions are complex and require many different pieces of a puzzle to come together.

          This makes it very difficult to determine what to do today!

          agree .. the harder question is what is best to do in this puzzles mess, and how can we facilitate convergence. I gave my answer fuzzy approach bellow.

          • What is/was your goal with the Global Brain Application? I went to the link but couldn't really figure it out. Do you want to create an online community?
          GBA is the semantic-web-application optimizing the fuzzy chaotic operating global brain, interconnecting single minds to create collective output, changing meaning of progress (freedom of thinking). Exactly as our physical actions can exceed natural abilities using technology (GBA), limits on our thinking can be also shifted beyond ability of single mind (Pawel Klewin, in part of the last  GBA-conclusions summery)
          In this thread a new discussion restart has been created, in case any one would like to join it.
          So it is the territory of global intelligence ecology.

          • Are you more interested in building community in Palestine or building something that is global?
          Where is "Palestine"?
          Suresh, we live in times of post-territorial liberation. While every one else lives in his homelands, our home is living inside us.
          The question of Palestine, is questioning in depth all 18th century mind concepts (boxes), like the Global-Brain does.
          Territorial boxes has created a multiplicity of fragmentation in human experience. Traditional sense of territoriality has created spiritual boxes, economic boxes, political boxes, linguistic boxes historical boxes, educational boxes, professional boxes and  organizational boxes, ..etc. Reductive approach for thinking and living. (Khalid Islaih, Re-spacing Palestine)

          Sustainable Constructing any local Palestinian community has by default direct global influence within Global-Palestine.
          What I am willing to do, is develop large-scale cooperative community, which use the free holistic healing green economy as tool to develop collaboration within the fragmented nation. Open economy, open source, .. can not be limited on local determinations only.

          • Are you most concerned with environmental issues?
          In the integral approach there is no "environmental" issues alone. To save the planet we have to adjust our behavior and all consequences out of it. We have to ask about our position in creation.
          I have been searching for an alternative where every one is in the center of action or at least have the key to enter the center of progressing meanings.

          • Do you have others that you are working with that, if we can figure out how to collaborate, will work with you/us?

          I am partnering locally with Marda Permaculture Farm, which supposed to be an intelligent-cell for local green economy. And recently partnering with "Asrary", an incubator for Organic Agro-manufacturing. My gaol is to network groups like these under bigger vision rather than chasing livelihood to build bottom up synergy and commons.
          These groups will look for tools to collaborate and keys for open support. I am using for now google-sites to manage the projects there. But I think it is not the best way ..

          Any way the domains of collaboration are :
          Strategy, consulting and steering
          Technical : IT-technology, web-design, writing/editing, translating,
          Disciplinary:  permaculture, agriculture, appropriate low-tech manufacturing (soft-industries),

          • If we could finance a project, would you work on this full time?
          Yes. This is a big issue  not to be full in focused progressing passion-

          • What are your strengths and interests? As a part of this movement to change the world for the better, what specific activities do you most enjoy? For example, some people like to network, others like social media. Some people (like me!) like to write a lot and generate ideas.
          I think both of us are similar. I am visionary creative  generalist. I love the meta-approach, where your awaken mind float over your self. I try to listen and think deeply how to connect, cover unseen new possibilities toward commons. I found the most solutions will emerge by opening the money-box ..

          • Technology will have a large role to play in building the infrastructure that we need so we always need strong developers. Are you a developer? If not, are you connected to any development teams that we could get involved?
          No I am not a developer. But part of many groups and networks, with developer within. And I am sure many of them are looking for a new vision. My weakness is not to be able to discuss a functional concept to the mature shape.

            Anyway, let me know...

            Also feel free to ask questions.

            I took me about 4 hours for each post today. Just to know why I can not catch on many of the emails ..
            I will come back to you later ..

            Thanks again and happy holidays!!

            Thank you Suresh for your interest ..
            happy times and holidays.

            Wael

            Message 4 of 7 , Dec 25, 2009
              Thanks Franz for the feedback and html correction, which I know now about.
              Here is new site about OpenKollab http://mudball.net/openkollab/about-us/

              Best,
              Wael

              On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Wael Al Saad <globalpalestine@...> wrote:

              Wael, all:

              - I think crossposting discussions without knowing who is discussing, without a proper introduction of the people from another list, is no good style. The discussion that is crossposted from openkollab is interesting, but I am very concerned we do to much crossposting here without regards of the different list - cultures.

              - also I oppose html postings in this list. Please bring things down to text level. I changed this into text mail. Its time-consuming to do all this manual editing.

              Franz, moderator

              In this thread <http://gbasetup.ning.com/forum/topics/restart-1> a new

              http://sites.google.com/site/mardapermaculturecentre/home/team/wael-blog/being-the-change-global-green-palestine

              Sustainable Constructing any local Palestinian community has by default
              direct global influence within Global-Palestine.

              What I am willing to do, is develop large-scale cooperative community, which
              use the free holistic healing green economy as tool to
              develop collaboration within the fragmented nation. Open economy, open
              source, .. can not be limited on local determinations only.

              > - Are you most concerned with environmental issues?

              In the integral approach there is no "environmental" issues alone. To save
              the planet we have to adjust our behavior and all consequences out of it. We
              have to ask about our position in creation.
              I have been searching for an alternative where every one is in the center of
              action or at least have the key to enter the center of progressing
              meanings.

              > - Do you have others that you are working with that, if we can figure
              > out how to collaborate, will work with you/us?

              I am partnering locally with Marda Permaculture Farm <http://Marda
              Permaculture Farm, Palestine>, which supposed to be an intelligent-cell for
              local green economy. And recently partnering with
              "Asrary <http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=152375&op=1&view=all&subj=591293415&id=100000106227645#/pages/Tubas-Governorate-West-Bank-Palestinian-Territories/Asrary/208081146172?v=info&ref=ts>",
              an incubator for Organic Agro-manufacturing. My gaol is to network groups
              like these under bigger vision rather than chasing livelihood to build
              bottom up synergy and commons.

              **

              google-sites<http://sites.google.com/site/mardapermaculturecentre/>to
              manage the projects there. But I think it is not the best way ..

              Any way the domains of collaboration are :

              Strategy, consulting and steering

              Technical : IT-technology, web-design, writing/editing, translating,
              Disciplinary: permaculture, agriculture, appropriate low-tech manufacturing (soft-industries)

              > - If we could finance a project, would you work on this full time?

              Yes. This is a big issue not to be full in focused progressing passion-

              > - What are your strengths and interests? As a part of this movement to
              > change the world for the better, what specific activities do you most enjoy?
              > For example, some people like to network, others like social media. Some
              > people (like me!) like to write a lot and generate ideas.

              I think both of us are similar. I am visionary creative generalist. I love
              the meta-approach, where your awaken mind float over your self. I try to
              listen and think deeply how to connect, cover unseen new possibilities
              toward commons. I found the most solutions will emerge by opening the
              money-box ..

              > - Technology will have a large role to play in building the
              > infrastructure that we need so we always need strong developers. Are you a
              > developer? If not, are you connected to any development teams that we could
              > get involved?

              No I am not a developer. But part of many groups and networks, with
              developer within. And I am sure many of them are looking for a new vision.
              My weakness is not to be able to discuss a functional concept to the mature
              shape.

              > Anyway, let me know...
              >
              > Also feel free to ask questions.

              I took me about 4 hours for each post today. Just to know why I can not
              catch on many of the emails ..
              I will come back to you later ..

              > Thanks again and happy holidays!!

              Thank you Suresh for your interest ..
              happy times and holidays.

              Wael

            • Mark Roest
              Message 5 of 7 , Dec 25, 2009
                Wael and all,

                Wael writes toward the end of the previous post that "My weakness is not to be able to discuss a functional concept to the mature shape."

                This opens a door to the different roles people play, according to their callings. As an integrative generalist (like me and others in my networks), Wael identifies how things can go together to solve problems. By fostering further discussion about then, Wael and Suresh can elicit more detail on what is wanted and needed in the task (or larger strategy) at hand.

                David Alan Foster DAlan@... is creating DesignFluence www.DesignFluence.org, a forum for industrial designers and communities needing design solutions to work together. He wants to reverse the relationship in which 90% of designers work for the richest 10% of people. Besides the '490' (for the other 90%) meetup we have, he created the Give Bank www.GiveBank.org within DesignFluence, where designers can post interests and availability for pro bono ('for the good', or free) design work, and communities and NGOs can post design needs. He is begining to attract designers, and more will come when interesting needs (like yours!) are also posted.

                David and I are partners in the consulting firm Design Earth www.DesignEarth.net.

                Regards,

                Mark Roest

                Message 6 of 7 , Dec 26, 2009

                  Thanks Mark for your involvement and pushing discussion forward.
                  The links you are provided are much incorporated with http://www.architectureforhumanity.org/ and http://clearvillage.ning.com/ initiative.
                  Franz, from our global-villages group, has been in Barcelona at clear-village starting up meeting in Nov.

                  The key questions I am addressing:

                  How can we build human-eco healing synergy by collective modular-shift of the center of economic dynamic of the 90% of world population?

                  Can we co-create a modular communal green ecosystem of production (green-cell) , with its appropriate  equipment and tool kit, habitat, social-infrastructure, .. , so that it can be seeded in any rural area around the world and become part of the cells-network together with the existing organic-farms, hand-made workshops, ..  ?

                  Can we create the IT-platform to optimize the resources and flow of information, flow of goods,  which insures open participation and ban-hierarchical, meta-individual dynamic role alignment?

                  Can we have ownership of what we are "consuming" by sharing the process of its design and  production, by becoming part of the IT-platform above?

                  Can we create global community, through stretched unified hybrid trademark "ONE"?
                  (I am adding Thomas on CC from http://fairwork.mixxt.org/ , The Project Development Platform for the "Hybrid Company")

                  Are we going to discuss a vision of the bottom up green open cooperative/collaborative "corporation" ?

                  Wael

                  On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 1:41 AM, Mark Roest <marklroest@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  >> listen and think deeply how to connect, cover unseen new possibilities
                  >> toward commons. I found the most solutions will emerge by opening the
                  >> money-box ..
                  >>
                  >> > - Technology will have a large role to play in building the
                  >> > infrastructure that we need so we always need strong developers. Are you a
                  >> > developer? If not, are you connected to any development teams that we could
                  >> > get involved?
                  >> >

                  >> No I am not a developer. But part of many groups and networks, with
                  >> developer within. And I am sure many of them are looking for a new vision.
                  >> My weakness is not to be able to discuss a functional concept to the mature
                  >> shape.
                  >>
                  >> > Anyway, let me know...
                  >> >
                  >> > Also feel free to ask questions.
                  >> >

                  >> I took me about 4 hours for each post today. Just to know why I can not

                • Mark Roest
                  Message 7 of 7 , Dec 26, 2009
                    Hello Wael and All,

                    The short answer is YES, WE CAN!

                    The short answer to how, is by creating the opportunities for alignment and participation by the pioneers in every aspect of life who have found ways to make those aspects sustainable, nurturing, and highly effective.

                    The longer answers, we can collectively come up with over time.

                    Regarding the information system, the core organizing principle is by ecosystem, culture and discipline, with finer granularity within those combinations. That is a radical filter.

                    The method of enabling everyone to participate in distributed, asynchronous, digital, purposeful conversations has been developed, and I will be an alpha tester starting some time in January or February, if things go as planned.

                    Some core development work remains to weave these two starting points together with perhaps 3 other major resources, and it will take significant funding -- but provide mind-bending results. Suffice it to say that people will be able to find the knowledge that they need to be able to live in harmony with nature -- and each other.

                    Regards,

                    Mark