How might Minciu Sodas be a useful spoke of Open Kollab?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009
      Suresh Fernando,

      I congratulate and all of the thoughtful people you've brought together,
      including Michel Bauwens, Sam Rose, Steve Bosserman, Seb Paquet, Nathan
      Cravens, Alex Linsker, Phoebe Moore, David Pinto, Tom Crowl, Matt
      Cooperrider. It's quite an achievement to link together people from
      different networks.
      http://groups.google.com/group/openkollab

      I'll fill out my Pooled Fund Project Profile
      http://wiki.openkollab.com/wagn/Minciu_Sodas
      Minciu Sodas is a business and so I'm interested in your Open Kollab
      Pooled Fund
      http://wiki.openkollab.com/wagn/OK_Pooled_Fund
      a partnership between Open Kollab and Forward Foundation
      http://www.forwardfound.org

      Do you already have or envisage a source for these funds? One thought
      is that there are existing "good capital" funds like Good Capital (Kevin
      Jones et al) http://www.goodcap.net that might be interested in taking
      up and supporting your collaborative infrastructure.

      Minciu Sodas doesn't need investors but rather clients and paid work for
      our global teams. What might we do to help each other find such
      clients? These clients hire us because they think that it's a smart
      investment in terms of their social capital. Why waste your time and
      energy on people who just want a fleeting money-based relationships when
      you can have a lifelong personal relationship with people who care about
      you and your values? That's the sell.

      I'm glad that you're overcoming obstacles to open, inclusive
      collaboration. I've formulated my thoughts on the minimum criteria for
      working together as my draft of the Worknets charter
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Charter

      For example, if we're to work together, then I believe that our content
      needs to be in the Public Domain for all to use freely. It doesn't make
      sense for me or others to invest ourselves in content that is trapped
      under some license, copyright or copyleft. That is not a "commons" and
      it is not prepare for the day when the host shuts down and the content
      needs to be hosted by new hosts.

      How can we support our internal economy? I'm trying to organize an
      "economy of dreams" where we help each other directly to achieve our
      dreams. This includes a chat room http://www.worknets.org/chat/ which
      we staff to work on tasks http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Tasks I
      appreciate help to make that work.

      I suppose my general question is, How can we include each other's
      networks? How can we tell each other (or even critique each other) so
      that we might work together. For example, I have a need for custom
      programmers to help improve our websites as we need for our projects.
      Other networks have programmers but that doesn't help us, especially
      because they're not interested to do custom work. Whereas Minciu Sodas
      has demonstrated on-the-ground "social good" accomplishments like the
      Pyramid of Peace http://www.pyramidofpeace.net and most networks don't
      have such conclusive achievements to show, as if they're never
      relevant. What keeps us from working together?

      What does it mean for Minciu Sodas to be a spoke of a hub like Open
      Kollab? What are other spokes that we might start working with?

      +370 699 30003