Introducing: Minciu Sodas to Dream Fish and Bill Daul

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2009
      Monday I spoke with Tiffany Von Emmel of Dreamfish. I've joined the
      Dreamfish group
      http://groups.google.com/group/dreamfish/
      and also signed up Tiffany for Janet Feldman's working group Holistic
      Helping
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/
      Thank you to Peter Kaminski, Mark Roest, Sasha Mrkailo and Franz Nahrada
      for encouraging us! Thank you also to Edward Cherlin for linking me
      with Bill Daul, also in Silicon Valley and in the Dreamfish group.

      In 1998, I founded Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt an online laboratory
      for independent thinkers around the world. I also lead Worknets
      http://www.worknets.org a culture of independent thinkers. We have
      some people in common with Dreamfish, and also many values and dreams.
      See, for example, the Dreamfish Humanifesto:
      http://dreamfish.com/about/dreamfish-humanifesto/
      and the Worknets charter
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Charter

      I'm looking forward to our networks working together. Dreamfish is
      strong in Silicon Valley, which is the center of the world of our
      future. I live in Lithuania and Minciu Sodas is strong there and also
      Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda; the UK and Austria; and participants in Serbia,
      the US, India and other countries.

      We both have a culture of working for free on our own projects and
      organizing teams for paid work. I appreciate working together to
      expand these opportunities.

      We're both active in organizing online infrastructure. Minciu Sodas has
      about 20 mildly active working groups (email lists, see:
      http://www.ms.lt), a mildly active wiki (http://www.worknets.org ) and
      mildy active chat room (http://www.worknets.org/chat/
      http://www.worknets.org/archive/ )

      Recent achievements / clients include:
      * http://www.pyramidofpeace.net organizing 100 peacemaker on-the-ground
      and 100 online assistants to avert genocide in Kenya
      * http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?MornflakeOutreach 6,000 GBP of work
      to create a directory of 500 UK online communities and engage about 70
      of them on behalf of Leon Benjamin http://www.winningbysharing.net and
      Mornflake cereal's video contest http://www.mornflakecompetition.com
      * http://www.myfoodstory.info We collected 2,000 food stories for Greg
      Wolff of Unamesa Association
      * http://www.includer.org I won a $15,000 Knight News Challenge Award to
      blog about a proposed device (the Includer) for Africans with marginal
      Internet access, but see Ricardo's work
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Ricardo for our real achievements

      We organize ourselves in terms of people and their answers to questions
      (here are Tiffany's):
      * Do you have a deepest value in life which includes all of your other
      values? "Connection, healing the fragmentation that exists on all
      levels, shifting from control to participation" (See answers from 500
      people at http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Values )
      * What is a question that you don't know the answer to, but wish to
      answer? "Who can work as a partner with me? act as Dreamfish's
      operation leader?"
      * What would you like to achieve? (Dreamfish? see our
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Endeavors )
      * What is your dream in life? "Our earth and all its people practice
      love moment by moment. Facilitating the practice of love and how we are
      together. Help <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Help> people in a state
      of transition follow their aliveness and realize what they are becoming.
      That needs to happen in the gap between what we know and what is
      emerging. I'm really good at helping people practice that and helping
      people come to their dreams." http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Dreams

      If you share your answers, then I will post them at our wiki! and
      you're welcome to create pages there.

      Minciu Sodas / Worknets venues are explicitly in the Public Domain by
      default. That means that the current Dreamfish wiki's "sharealike"
      license clashes with ours and prohibits us from including ("building
      on") your work. I hope you might also work in the Public Domain as it
      allows for sharing most freely and encourages "using your own best
      judgement". That would allow me to invest myself in the Dreamfish wiki,
      the Dreamfish venues and encourage others likewise.

      Tiffany and I look forward to discovering endeavors and tasks where it's
      natural for us to work together. Here are some:
      * Currently, I'm organizing an "economy of dreams" so that we might
      learn to support each other's dreams directly and rely less on money.
      We can collect our dreams and look for connections:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Dreams
      * I'm trying to staff an online help room http://www.worknets.org/chat/
      where people can get response, get help on any matter at any time.
      (Dreamfish has a nice chat room!) I'm looking for a new technology
      (because ARSC is open source but no longer maintained) that would
      include a web based client but also link with IRC clients, Yahoo, Skype,
      etc. and that we could enhance (code what we need such as an archive and
      integration with our websites).
      * We need tasks that our online assistants like Fred Kayiwa in Uganda
      could help with. $200 per month is enough for Fred's studies and
      living, but most of all, we need meaningful online tasks that I can
      teach him to do for us and he can train others. See:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Tasks
      * We would gladly host a chat on a Dreamfish topic. Friday, November
      13, 5:00 am California time (too early!) we'll be chatting with Josephat
      Ndibalema about publishing e-books in Kiswahili for small farmers to
      view on DVD players, mobile phones, digital cameras.
      * In Lithuania, we're part of a national idea movement, and some of
      those include economic literacy.
      * Franz Nahrada in Austria is a leader in the global villages movement,
      including developing the use of video bridges, as with Alan Lundell in
      the Santa Cruz area.
      * Edward Cherlin leads our work to create open source textbooks, and I'm
      interested to create lessons in ethics (of our new culture) and
      mathematical thinking (which I'll try to link to ethics).
      * I've become active as an artist
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50525222@N00/ and next spring we're
      organizing an art project "Land of Dreamers" where we'll collect
      people's dreams around the world, and creatively express them together,
      and try to integrate them all. We're active in the Uzhupis Republic
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzupis
      * Zenonas Anusauskas leads an Internet television station
      http://www.internetinetv.lt I live with his family. With his
      encouragement, I created my first philosophical video "I Wish to Know"
      http://ms.lt/IWishToKnow about my lifelong quest to know everything and
      apply that knowledge usefully.
      * I look forward to delving into Tiffany's philosophical thinking:
      http://www.socialtext.net/vonemmel/index.cgi?papers_book_chapters_and_presentations

      I look forward to learning to work together! Our success and our
      discoveries would be a great encouragement to many other networks:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?CivilizationNetworks

      Thank you to all who are connecting us!