My video of photo artist Mijute of the Uzhupis Republic

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      Thanks to Zenonas Anusauskas and his Internet TV, I have learned to make
      and edit short videos using Windows Movie Maker and also Ulead Video
      Studio.

      Here's a short video that I made of photo artist Mijute who is the
      Republic of Uzhupis's ambassador to Skane, Sweden.
      http://www.internetinetv.lt/?View=PostCollection/ViewPost&id=100
      Her photo exhibit is called "Priklausomybe - Galimybe". In Lithuanian,
      the word "nepriklausomybe" means independence, but the word
      "priklausomybe" means belonging, and Mijute looks at that as a positive
      possibilty, as belonging to each other. Her photos, many of friends and
      acquaintances with physical limitations, illustrate the Uzhupis
      constitution, which she prefers to the Swedish constitution!
      http://outinthemiddaysun.blogspot.com/2008/02/uupis-constitution.html

      I made the 12 minute video and it took about an hour to edit. So this is
      a way to create a "video blog" of activity at a local hub like the Uzhupis
      art colony UMI and art gallery "Galera". Maybe a couple of hundred of
      people will watch it online. It becomes part of a way for us to become
      aware of each other and to document our activity.

      I see that this is practical. I would like to find similar practical
      activity for video bridges that I (and others) could work on at Franz's
      video bridges workshop in January in Vienna, Austria. If you are in the
      European Union and would like to attend, please let us know!

      Tomorrow I meet with Michel Bauwens who will be visiting in Kaunas and
      Klaipeda, here in Lithuania!

      MinĨiu sodas