Re: [holistichelping] Janet: Update and Thanks (Andrius, Ricardo, Mark, Sam, Dan, Tom, Sherrie, Fred, Barbara, Ken, Benoit, Wael, Dorinda)

  • Global Palestine
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009

      Dear Jenet,

      i am much delicated to know you. You massage came in good time, where I am accumulatnig my energy to organize my thoughts in order to put them on worksnet wiki Andrius startet, where I will get help in editing and organizing the concept carries the idea.

      I hope Architecture for Humanity can play a positive role to give the idea a professional touch. This will encourage me to present the concept to local actors and polticians.
      More important to evaluate the idea and see if it make sense. I would love to chat with them.

      The basic idea is to develop out of the cell large scale cooperation through a living vital conversational economic bottom up platform. In later phases of the development people from western has the technology and know-how can be the partners of the so called third country people instead of others global capital giants.
      A partnership supports self-empowerment of the human and the nature.
      In this sense most of contribution and dynamic to change the world will flow into constructive healing holistic economic equation, which will increase the efficiency and density of the intentions for the good. To develop healing economic values rather than creating and exchanging lot of theoretical intellectual efforts, beside inventing the wheel so often. Similar solutions will be condensated into sustainable economic application.

      The good thing about holistic economy - the combination and integration of all possible cycles of exchange, which is  "technical set-up"- that "we" do not change the people, for whom life is only about struggling for their livelihood. We do not propagate for any world view. Actually no one can change any one, so that the world would get changed. But we can set up a new "environment" and new understanding for "work" and "profession", which will develop a climate stimulate the awaking intelligence and the seek for self-experience in freedom.
      We can set up an environment with absence of fear, which is the root prevent people changing or dissolving their life patterns. Destructive patterns they are used to and comfortable within in absence of functional alternatives. These alternatives can be shaped through the equation of free market.
      Being part of holistic unified economic platform, cares and works for all within and owned by is being part of secure environment (human security). When the corporation has the resources to cover all individual and community development needs (organic food, eco-architecture/shelter, health and wellness, self-education, .. ), such a feeling will emerge and transcend within the whole economic value network for life serving creation.
      I believe the best tactics to establish collaboration coalitions between the sites and groups with similar intentions is to use conservation holistic economy as a vehicle.
      If you are ready for the shift or already within, we can shift our positions in the dominating economic in-crises matrix and develop alternative functional healing one. Imagine the huge sum of intelligence and co-creative constructive ideas will be integrated in developing the products and services for humanity and earth.

      Just to let you knwo, that I met Gigi and Krystina at Tamera summer university this year. Krystina is also trying give help.

      blessings,
      Wael

      On 10/3/09, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

      Dear Friends,

      Hello and thanks for such stimulating and lively discussions! I am delighted to see so much activity, and am sorry that those in my own life have kept me so occupied.

      First of all, to Andrius, immense thanks for checking in with me, and I'm so excited about your budding artistic talents and increasing focus on linking "local" and "global" in creative and caring ways. I have been primarily "local" for these past few weeks and months (as you may have noticed :))--attending to a variety of family matters--but will be hoping soon to focus once again more globally.

      Several things on the horizon or in process:

      1) Promoting the dissemination and use of "Blogging Positively" for Rising Voices.
      Ricardo, my greatest thanks for your very helpful work in this regard, and apologies for not saying that sooner. I am excited about the possibilities of converting text and docs to fit various media formats, thus enlarging so much the scope of a wide variety of information and communication materials! I'll broach this subject with Rising Voices, and think abt it for other texts too!

      2) Getting back more fully to ActALIVE, with World AIDS Day and then World Community Arts Day coming up in Dec 2009 and Feb 2010, then looking ahead to the AIDS Ride 2010 and arts activities I'll hope to be organizing for the International AIDS Conference in Vienna, in July 2010.

      3) Working to help revive the Kenyan Community Abroad (www.kenyansabroad.org), a Diaspora nonprofit based in the USA (now incorporated in RI by yours truly). One of the things that is developing is a focus on the widespread hunger and malnutrition--even characterized now as a threat of "starvation"--in parts of Kenya, and of course this touches members here in a direct way, too, so will be looking to link our various forums and endeavors.

      4) Being active as an adviser (among other co-founders) in the transitional process that the Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (www.youthaidscoalition.org) is now experiencing, in which we are becoming a program of TakingITGlobal and the Global Youth Action Network.

      5) Volunteering to get the word out about the World AIDS Marathon (www.worldaidsmarathon.com), being organized in Kenya for the sixth year. It will take place in Kisumu, actually, and the woman who is heading the organizing there heads SWAP (www.swapkenya.org). This would be a great contact for Tom and others in the area, and Tom is already linked to the founder of WAM, via the Kenyan Community Abroad.

      Tom, immense thanks for your emails too, and I will respond more soon. In the meantime, you now have funds for two water carts, and that should greatly help this project, which can itself be a model for others. So we look forward to documentation about the process of building one, and results of its use.

      My other comments are to people who have posted:

      1) Mark:  as always, you make my day too when you post, and I have not forgotten about the wonderful networking mail linked to the water-cart work!  I think Krishna might not have seen that:  I did not discover till more recently some unread email from August-Sept, among that returned mail sent to Krishna at his old COL address. His new email is krishna.alluri@..., and I hope we can pick up the correspondence and resend to Krishna now.

      2) Fred and Barbara:  I read with great dismay about the unrest in Uganda, and how are things now, Fred, for you and your brother? So lovely of Barbara to post about this and seek needed help, and I did send a small contrib via E-Moneygram (9/14) to Fred, which I hope you got!  Barbara, your love and generosity of spirit are forever inspirational! I'm sorry I have not gotten back to our conversation abt nonprofits, but I hope to do that soon. How are Jared and Andrea doing?

      Fred, on another note, how amazing it must have been to go to Norway--for you and the team!--in what was surely the realization of a dream!  I was thrilled to read that you had achieved your goal, through lots of hard work and great persistence, and I hope you will give us a follow-up to this journey, including what it has meant for you and the team, and where you might go from here. Bravo and thanks for making my own heart glad!

      3) Benoit:  I have been thinking so much about you and praying for Debbie and your family. How is she now? Your own "update" was very moving and uplifting, and your contributions here take things to a higher level, or reframe issues in a way that is always thought-provoking and spirit-expanding. Keep up the great work!

      4) Dorinda and Prince:  it was wonderful to correspond recently, and I look forward to updates from you both. It will be exciting to learn more about Prince's migration work, and also your own work on many levels, Dorinda. I hope to engage and collaborate with you more closely in future, and Dorinda, we are definitely linked in any case in a transcendent--and hopefully translucent :))--way! I think you will find a kindred spirit in Sherrie Noble too, who works (in her own words) "with indigenous populations and finding ways to honor tradition with modern technology".  That sounds a lot like "great minds think alike"...in other words, YOU!

      5) Sam:  you continue to amaze with your thoughtful letters and "growthful" ways. Very sorry about the sustainable-development conference not working out this year, but hopefully it will in the near future. What are your plans now?

      On another note, I would like to ask--understanding that it is a delicate matter--that you address some of the issues and situation brought up by Dan Otedo. Thanks to Andrius and Benoit for doing the same. Both of you are caring and wonderful people, so it is painful to see such a deep rift. And for the rest of us to witness the struggle, without knowing more about it or being able to help, if we can.

      Dan, we are all so very sorry to hear about your tech losses at Suba, which I know feel like more than a loss of "goods", but also feel like a loss of hope and promise. How are things now (ie can you give us an update)? It would be great if we can help in some way, and Sherrie Noble has written a marvelous letter in that regard, which I hope you have seen. If not, we will repost it.

      6) Sherrie:  I'm delighted that you have resolved connection issues and are now with us once again! You bring such caring and richness to this forum!  I wonder if it would be OK if I post to HH what you wrote about yourself to me (and cc'd to a few others) in June?  It was a great "snapshot" of your work and passions, and I'd like more people to get to know you. It is very touching to read your heartfelt and supportive letters to Dan and Benoit, and I know we all appreciate the encouragement and uplift! Hope you will be encouraged yourself by this to post as often as the spirit moves!

      7) Wael:  I have so much enjoyed and admired reading from you, and getting to know you!  I will write a separate email about your latest posting, on holistic design related to sustainability ("the modular cell of the ecosystem of production"). I have just posted about Acumen fellowships here earlier today:  I think you should consider one for your work!

      Also, I see that you posted to Globalvillages abt Architecture for Humanity, mentioning that you would try to check with them about the idea. I actually know the founder :)), so I can write myself and see if we get a response. There are other individuals and orgs who would surely be interested to comment! In any and all cases, keep up the wonderful work, and also "keep the faith" about the importance and value of what you are doing. I hope we can apply the results to help the Palestinian people, and all people.

      8)  Ken (Owino):  I think of you so often, and am delighted whenever I hear news of or from you. At the start of the year, you wrote about your art-related dreams and hopes, and before the end of the year, I hope to respond in kind :)). When you can, will you tell us more about what you are doing--and James, feel free to join in too!!--and what your thoughts and aspirations are?  You are as eloquent as a poet, so your words and deeds take us places that our souls need to go!

      On that note, I will close for now with love and blessings, and look forward to sharing, interacting, and collaborating in a closer way soon! Janet

    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
        Dearest friend Janet,
        How are you? Thanks for your posting on the ACUMEN FUND blog which we also read.
        We are afraid that you might have forgotten your old friends from AK in Bamenda  Cameroon for we have been deeply troubled and we cried out to you our best friend as we had always done,but it seems as if you got so occupied with other issues which are equally important and you forgot your old friends from ACTWID who equally needed your assistance since several months ago.
        So how can we get involved with the Acumen  fund project? We may remember that we actually have been down to earth with many issues which made us to appeal to you.
        All the projects that we earmarked all got to a stand still.
        SO HOW ARE YOU AND WHAT CAN YOU ADVICE US TO DO AS A WAY FORWARD?We can remember that we also tried to collaborate with your organization in Kenya as we really wanted them to hold our hands since they have gone very far into development issues than us.
        Immense thanks and waiting to hear from you.
        Sincerely AK members led by Wendi
[...]

        1) Mark:  as always, you make my day too when you post, and I have not forgotten about the wonderful networking mail linked to the water-cart work!  I think Krishna might not have seen that:  I did not discover till more recently some unread email from August-Sept, among that returned mail sent to Krishna at his old COL address. His new email is krishna.alluri@ gmail.com, and I hope we can pick up the correspondence and resend to Krishna now.

[...]

      • tom ochuka
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2009
          Dear Janet and all,
            Wonderfull to see you back sorry for much care giving it comes quite often but rewarding at times when you see dear one making progress,
            I have alot to share Goliath came first he is ready,while Samson is getting the final touch with documentation ready Sam helped me paint Goliath ,
           I will make posting on that soon.
           Have personaly met the sawp team and will work with them on AIDS MARATHON which is coming.
           I strongly appreciate you love ,work and adivice always.
          With many blessings.
          Tom Ochuka