Acumen Fund Applications Open (focus on leadership and social enterprises)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2009
      Dear All,

      This looks like an exciting opportunity, one that could apply to a number of you in the forums cc'd! Janet

      http://www.acumenfund.org

      We are excited to announce that the application process for the 2010-2011 Class of Acumen Fund Fellows http://www.acumenfund.org/get-involved/fellows-program.html
       is now open!

      If you know exceptional individuals who should be part of our 2010-2011 class, we hope you will encourage them to apply. Please forward this email liberally throughout your networks so that we reach the strongest and most diverse candidate pool.

      Applications will be accepted online

      until 11:59pm EST on Thursday, November 5, 2009.

      Detailed information about the program and application process, as well as the bios of current and past
      fellows http://www.acumenfund.org/get-involved/fellows-program/meet-the-fellows.html  can be found on our website http://www.acumenfund.org/get-involved/fellows-program.html
      To apply, or to send more information to others you know who might be interested, please click
      here http://www.acumenfund.org/get-involved/fellows-program/become-a-fellow.html
      We are looking for dedicated individuals with the practical skills, the creativity, the empathy and the leadership potential to affect change by leveraging market-based solutions to create social impact. Acumen Fund Fellows are drawn from a pool of talented, passionate people from all geographies, sectors, backgrounds and ethnicities.

      Since graduating its first class of Fellows in 2007, the Fellows Program has continued to grow and expand, using the experiences of each class to continue building a unique training curriculum specifically focused on leadership and social enterprises. Fellows Alumni have called the program a life-changing experience, and one that allowed them to build critical business skills and a better understanding of the challenges involved in serving low-income consumers around the world.

      We are also excited to welcome our new Class of 2009-2010 Fellows

      Over the coming weeks the 2010 Fellows will be training and actively preparing to support Acumen Fund investments. The Fellows have committed to sharing their experiences both from New York and on the ground, so expect to see frequent posts from them on the Acumen Fund blog http://www.acumenfundblog.org
      .

      Best regards,
      Blair Miller
      Fellows Program Manager