Re: BIG SETBACK

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2009
      Dan, I'm very sorry to hear your very sad news. You are constantly
      overcoming challenges and it's very cruel and unfair. This makes your
      determination all the more valuable. I'm glad that you've called the
      police. Thank you for including us. Andrius, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

      Dan Otedo wrote:

      > We are devastated here at the Suba Youth Resource Centre.
      >
      > Thieves broke into the centre the previous night and made away with
      > seven desktop computers and one laptop. This is a BIG setback! The
      > night before that, someone had the audacity to pull from the ground
      > and sever off, 20 meters of the armored electric cable which supplies
      > electricity to the centre! There has been only a few hours of
      > electricity in Mbita due to the chronic power rationing. We are glad
      > though that the E-granary remained .May be the thieves thought it was
      > not as useful as the computers given its size.
      >

      > What amazes us is the courage the thieves had, emptying our cupboards
      > and desks and throwing paper all over .Thievery of such magnitude is
      > unheard of in Mbita .The police are already investigating the
      > theft. We will keep everyone posted about what unfolds in the next few
      > weeks.
      >

      > This theft has taken place one day after Paul Okoth; the centre
      > coordinator went for a 3 week Digital Village Managers training at by
      > the Kenya ICT Board at Migori TTC http://www.ict.go.ke
      > <http://www.ict.go.ke/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=68&Itemid=133>.
      > Paul himself is distraught given since he has been so very dedicated
      > to the Suba Centre. Paul has been our security man of sorts (using a
      > sleeping bag every night at the centre. I will be travelling from
      > Nairobi to Mbita to see what is happening.
      >

      > *Dan Andrew Otedo.*
      > SYRC/Kenya ICT Trust Fund
      > P.O Box 18 code 40305.Cell phone :+254720366094.
      >
      > //

    • Kennedy Owino
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2009
        Dear Dan,

        Am really sorry for the unfortunate circumstance.
        It is trully a draw back and an act that discourage development.
        Am praying that the Police investigations yield some leads to arresting the thieves and recovering the stolen items.
        Am together with you, keep your faith strong.

        Peace,

        Ken Owino
        NAfsi Africa Acrobats
        www.nafsiafrica.org