Re: Worknets Interface Architecture Committee

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2009
      That's great news.
      I've made a link to the ProWiki code that I'm using:
      Please can you compare it with the DorfWiki version? and perhaps combine

      I would start a SourceForge project (perhaps called WorkNets) which
      could include our ProWiki code and also additional scripts that I am
      using and creating. What do you think?
      Can we talk this week about next steps? What time?

      I also looked at http://www.globalvillage.at Franz, that helps to
      understand your vision. It would be good to coordinate regarding that, too.

      Also, Ricardo and I are making good progress on the Online Text
      Converter. It is working pretty well at
      http://www.worknets.org/software/ebook/ It converts plain text into a
      series of JPG images for view on a DVD player or other device. Josephat
      Ndibalema is interested in publishing learning materials in Kiswahili
      and others in Africa are interested, too. See also:
      http:///www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?OnlineTextConverter It would be good
      to think what kind of materials we should start to publish. Josephat,
      is Thursday a good day to chat? Is 16:00 Kenya time possible? Ricardo,
      Samwel, Tom, could you join us?

      I'm also interested to get our "photo blogs" going quickly so that we
      have streams of photos and captions from our different locations. I
      have built an uploader http://www.worknets.org/software/addphoto.php
      and you can see our photos http://www.ms.lt/?source=Photos so it's
      mostly a matter of formatting them nicely per person.

      I'm very glad that Edward Cherlin http://www.earthtreasury.org and Franz
      Nahrada http://www.globalvillages.info are active at our subwikis. I
      invite us to join me at our chat room http://www.worknets.org/chat/ and
      train with me how to help Edward, Franz and others online. I'm
      interested to build up our Help Room team with our Economy of Dreams
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Dreams and
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Tasks Please let me know what would
      be helpful!

      More thoughts or priorities?