Benoit and Andrius chat about Death, Life, God, Everything

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2009
      Benoit and I chatted today about his wife Debbie. She is very ill. I
      also thanked him for his online help, he's tuned in to so many of us and
      our efforts. I was glad that he saw my video "I Wish to Know"
      http://ms.lt/IWishToKnow which for me answered my question in my pursuit
      to know everything, enough so that I rather want to know God. We
      chatted about the absence and presence of God as two people who have
      intensely engaged each other over the years and understand each other
      better. I share our chat and, Benoit, I share my love for you and your
      family. Andrius,
      Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@..., +370 699
      30003

      August 18, 2009

      BenoitCouture: Salut Andrius. I thought I should let you know that
      Debbie is in the hospital with liver problems. :: She's been there since
      Saturday and the tests have yet to provide a diagnosis. :: Today was the
      first meeting with the head of the team who working on the diagnosis. He
      explained that the liver is not an organ that can be treated, it has to
      heal itself. I'll let you know which way it'll turn out. :: Salut...

      Andrius: Benoit, thank you for your message and I wish Debbie strength
      and I add to your love

      Today, August 24, 2009

      BenoitCouture: Salut Andrius. :: It looks like Debbie will be back home
      in the next few days. They are sending her so that we "manage" the
      condition as best as possible.

      Andrius: Hi Benoit, how are you?

      BenoitCouture: Little hope of healing is offered.

      Andrius: Thank you for helping out in all of our groups. :: Are you
      writing about Debbie?

      BenoitCouture: I am thankfull that you consider that "help".

      Andrius: Benoit, I appreciate it very much and I think others do, too.
      Thank you!

      BenoitCouture: Yes, I was. The phone is ringing.

      Andrius: I will be here.

      BenoitCouture: The call was from her. She is being preped to get fluid
      drained from her tummy. :: Last week, 2 liters came out. :: I have never
      around someone who is in the final days. Neither have the children. ::
      We are learning to apreciate each moment with more focus on what is
      essential value

      Andrius: Wow that is rough. :: I'm glad that you and the children are
      together. :: I just know Debbie a little. She seems very loving. I am
      sad for you.

      BenoitCouture: more than ever and I pray that this may lead to the kind
      of release of healing energy that will make the difference for Debbie's
      possible recovery

      Andrius: yes :: I am glad that you are focused and strong and can
      participate in this healing, this energy

      BenoitCouture: the doctor did not eliminate the possibility of a
      ?miracle" while he instructed me about the sings of coma growing

      Andrius: my father was expected to die and he had a miracle recovery ::
      so sometimes it happens but not often

      BenoitCouture: She is sooo gracious in the midst of her pain!!!

      Andrius: I'm glad you see her love and grace :: and graciousness

      BenoitCouture: I am honoured of being the one who is by her side

      Andrius: yes :: how is your daughter?

      BenoitCouture: time seems to stop while this is going on :: Our daughter
      came once to the hospital and decided to wait for her return home

      Andrius: yes

      BenoitCouture: I am prepared for a surreal reaction from her if Debbie
      passes away. :: meaning that she will enter a zone of anticipation and
      denial at the same time.

      Andrius: yes it will be hard for everybody

      BenoitCouture: They have been so very close and inter dependent for each
      moment of every day :: Now, it's my turn to step up from helper to care
      giver.

      Andrius: you say that time seems to stop and maybe that can carry you
      through, too :: I think you're well qualified :: and I'm glad you're
      attentive to Debbie and all :: tuned in to your lives

      BenoitCouture: Indeed, I hope that this is part of the eternal
      connection that transcend time and space, while fullfilling it with
      grace, truth by the Spirit

      Andrius: yes :: Last week I finished my video, trying to summarize my quest,

      BenoitCouture: I watched it.

      Andrius: and I think that God's relevance for us comes when we witness
      that there's good lacking in this world :: that truly needs to be coming
      from beyond it :: What did you think?

      BenoitCouture: I will need to watch it several times before the rythm of
      meaning hits me as you mean it to.

      Andrius: sure :: I'm just glad you made it through the watching! :: it's
      a sketch which I think helps understand me :: now I'm rethinking my life
      :: what to care about

      BenoitCouture: Every good album that I still enjoy today after 30 or 40
      years of listening, begins by having to listen several times before the
      connection with the artist takes place.

      Andrius: I'm thinking of this Economy of dreams, trying to get my hands
      on real life :: and then worry later how that may relate back :: But I
      guess the upshot of my quest was to appreciate the difference between
      God and Everything :: and to focus on knowing God rather than knowing
      Everything

      BenoitCouture: Yes, as I was reading about all the tasks of the lab, I
      got day dreaming about being able to connect with a large scale server
      as the one I use, hoping to have them adopt Minciu Sodas as a pro-bono
      for the company

      Andrius: although I think the latter is possible and I think I gave a
      good sketch :: hi :: well I think you can see that there's lots of
      places unfolding for your participation :: whether starting up a
      Worknets lab in Edmonton :: or helping as an online assistant :: You're
      very smart and helpful, too. :: And it's really quite impressive how
      you've tuned in to helping people even as you keep your interests and
      approach :: you speak to different people from relevant angles like St.Paul

      BenoitCouture: I had to re-enter the room and as I read the archive you
      wrote: and to focus on knowing God rather than knowing Everything

      Andrius: yes :: and knowing God in all people :: in every person trying
      to appreciate God

      BenoitCouture: If you go back to our chats, this is a real answer to my
      prayers for you.

      Andrius: it will take a lotof practice :: yes, thank you :: well, after
      making the video, and completing the sketch of my thoughts :: I felt
      that I do know everything

      BenoitCouture: I was actually talking with a macro thinker of great
      repute yesterday and I mentioned that very concern I had for you and
      here you are today, moving in that direction.

      Andrius: in the sense of a nearsighted person sitting in the lap of God
      :: I think I'm standing from that vantage point

      BenoitCouture: I feel like this, because of our limited capacity that
      you mention in the video

      Andrius: where I can see everything and appreciate the rough outline ::
      and I know there are many details to work out :: but I see the overall
      picture :: and given that :: I should pause :: and apply that knowledge
      :: and much of that knowledge is the relevance of God

      BenoitCouture: It is much more serene to know the One Who knows
      everything and to remain secure in our bond to Him

      Andrius: and so to accept God as relevant :: and to consider God's
      approach. :: Yes, although I'm not so concerned to be serene.

      BenoitCouture: Our time is so limited on this earth that the Calling is
      crucial in keeping us from waisting our personal destiny

      Andrius: but it's just funny that my ambition lifted :: because I showed
      that I can do it :: and I could continue but :: it makes more sense to
      take up God's questions, investigations :: which I think will be about
      immersing into life's reality :: like you are going through :: which is
      absolutely real.

      BenoitCouture: As you wrote, it is a matter of relevance

      Andrius: and I think that I will end up learning more about everything,
      too :: but being sure to appreciate God's angle on it

      BenoitCouture: We are fishers of men. We can only cast our lines and/or
      nets. God fills them out

      Andrius: A strength of what I've done is to show the validity :: of the
      absence of God :: and indeed the fruitfulness of God's withdrawal, the
      creativeness :: because that is enough to explain all what I found, I
      think. :: and that leads to appreciating God, ultimately. :: And as
      fishers, it helps appreciate people who are taking up a point of view
      without God. :: There is a proverb, I think, that the fool in his heart
      said that there is no God. :: But also Jesus said that to be in the
      kingdom of heaven you have to be a child or fool.

      BenoitCouture: I always viewed God's absence as the proof for the need
      of Christ to come and to accomplish salvation on humanity's behalf

      Andrius: And perhaps it takes a child or fool to appreciate God's
      absence. :: Yes

      BenoitCouture: Once we receive the Word of God made flesh, then the veil
      is lifted and we then know God's Presence in all of it's omni Presence
      :: God's absence is "dead meaning" and then God's Presence is
      fullfillment of meaning :: That is why darkness is so potent :: it fills
      meaning with death, hence the need to return and to become like
      children. :: When we were very young, we beheld the face of God. and
      that is what Jesus points us back to and gives us the life to do so with
      His Spirit

      Andrius: yes

      BenoitCouture: Death is not the absense of life but its enemy. :: Death
      is the living power that causes the absense of God. :: The other reason
      for God's absense, is when He hides His face from His people as He often
      did with Israel

      Andrius: that's good to think about :: about Death as you say ::
      actually I don't usually thinjk about the negatives

      BenoitCouture: We dont need to, we are bombarded by them from within and
      from without

      Andrius: I want to say it's good that we've walked together these years
      - thank you!

      BenoitCouture: We just need to be liberated, delivered from it

      Andrius: yes I figure that it's God's job to handle that and I need to
      focus on God :: so there's always been this tension in my life between
      :: my living invested in God but thinking without God :: as much as I
      could, but the result is not presuming God :: but acknowledging God ::
      which in my case I think is what I wanted.

      BenoitCouture: Yes, over these years, we have maintain a course to touch
      upon the various dimension of love as Paul describes them.

      Andrius: yes

      BenoitCouture: "...so that you may know with all the saints..." hewrote

      Andrius: yes

      BenoitCouture: Such experience is the living Church, apart from any
      tradition and exterior posturings

      Andrius: tweet: Benoit and I are chatting about God's presence and
      absence at our chat room http://ms.lt/Chat :: yes :: and I think that's
      what the Worknets culture, or the kingdom of heaven, is about :: what
      you say is the living Church :: and which I find absent in so many ways
      :: or negligible :: and I think that it's about incremental compassion
      as in :: "what you believe is what happens"

      BenoitCouture: Jesus said that no one knows which way a man led by the
      Spirit goes and I think that this is what we are touching with the
      evolution of MS

      Andrius: which actually means that what unfolds should be within the
      humble limits of our minds :: that we should not have to make
      martyr-like leaps of faith :: but we should be free to make leaps of
      faith as small as we like

      BenoitCouture: and of his revelation as we accept the guidance of the
      ultimate Yes and No

      Andrius: yes

      BenoitCouture: For instance, your trip to Israel was a huge leap of
      faith but very needed to be explored by someone.

      Andrius: Thanks

      BenoitCouture: That someone happened to be you

      Andrius: we can do more now that Jafra is there

      BenoitCouture: thanks to God you mean as real faith is initiated by Him
      in us :: it is God who is at work produce what we will and what we do ::
      ...for His good pleasure

      Andrius: I mean thank you Benoit for your appreciation :: or God can
      thank you ;)

      BenoitCouture: You are welcome as it leads us into praise and execution
      of His worship. God's joy is our strength :: The closer we are given to
      receive His everything as you do, the more does our strength grows

      Andrius: we'll see :: but that sounds good

      BenoitCouture: His point of view into ours generates heaven on earth

      Andrius: that's an interesting way to think of it

      BenoitCouture: these are family traits imparted by the Spirit :: to each
      his/her measure of Christ :: You are blessed with a macro view of the
      micro observable

      Andrius: I'm glad to have seen and learned what I have

      BenoitCouture: ...and you turn around, from the micro position and you
      conquer the macro. Very fascinating to follow

      Andrius: but quite amazed at the lack of irrelevance it has for most
      people :: but it will be interesting to switch points of views :: and I
      think that by focusing on people and God within them :: that it will
      give the same results but from a different point of view :: where people
      feel included

      BenoitCouture: that is why the must of focusing on knowing God first, so
      that our relevace finds its ground of efficiency

      Andrius: because what we're doing with the deepest values, investigatory
      questions and endeavors :: is what I would be studying :: but we're
      getting those answers through people :: rather than through concepts ::
      and we're creating a culture around that :: and so we're applying it ::
      instead of building up some kind of power.

      BenoitCouture: ...life is bigger than thoughts...so this good

      Andrius: We're just getting things done. :: I'm used to thinking so it's
      a bit of a shift for me. :: I appreciate getting to chat with you

      BenoitCouture: So do I Andrius. There's been a fair part of the road
      travelled together. I have to get to the hospital before Therese wakes up.

      Andrius: ok thank you for your news although it's sad :: hi to Debbie
      and all of your children :: I will share our chat

      BenoitCouture: Very good. So I'll close with ...may all blessings be
      with us all... Thank you for your time Salut

      Andrius: Salut
    • Benoit Couture
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
        Salut Andrius!

        I thought I should come on the chat line and tell you the news first, before I post it on Loving God.
        Debbie saw the doctor on Thursday and she was told that she can go back to work anytime she wants. She is planning for Feb 1, 2010
        We now need to adjust ourselves into the search and finding of the deeper meaning of this whole episode in our lives as individuals and as a family.
        I guess that in that sense, it becomes parallel to your Lithuanian participation, in search of sobriety
        May our findings be blessed into the completion of God's Holiness of our being, having and doings...
        Let us feed on The Bread of Life...

        I also reported the news with a bit more info about the healing, to a group who prayed with us at the forum of Radically Christian Cafe

        Getting better every day!

        My last entry on this thread was in September. The news have changed dramatically. Our Lord has decided to heal my wife.

        When I first searched google about Watchman Nee and the Local Church several years ago, I found myself guided to visit a Chinese congregation in Edmonton, Canada.
        We, my wife and I, were then given an address to go for bible studies once a week and the host was a Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herbologist, from Malasya.

        Interestingly enough, one of the participants at the Tuesday meeting knew the host for 27 years, and never knew about the host's connection to herbology.

        After a couple of weeks at home from the hospital, my wife was showing very little improvement. We then decided to start using the Chinese herbs from our brother and within 3 days, major improvememnts began all around.
        After 2 months of combining Western and Chinese medicine, my wife is now looking at going back to work by the first of February.

        We pray that whatever teaching(s) our Father wishes us to learn from that whole experience, that we may finally get it and obey as He pleases, so that we may bloom into the fulness of His all-in-all into our lives...

        - Dear Father, mortality came knocking at our door and You turned it away. Thank You!
        Please do guide us to Your pleasure in our life to be lived from Your oneness in Your Son Jesus-Christ...Amen to Your Yes in us all... with all of our praise and thanksgivings...
        Salut...

        ...may all blessings be with us all...
        Benoit Couture
        Edmonton, Canada

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
          Benoit, What an inspiring miracle! Thank you for including us! I
          replied in our chat room:

          AndriusKulikauskas: Hi Benoit :: Wow that's fantastic Benoit! :: My love
          and amazement to you and Debbie and all of your family! :: I'm grateful
          to God for his intercession in your family. :: I've been thinking how to
          play with God? what does play mean to God? and I imagine that God plays
          with our lives by coupling us with each other. :: And I suppose we can
          support his play by encouraging such linkings and couplings. :: Thank
          you for including us! ::

          And I tweeted:

          tweet: Benoit, I just read
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lovingGod/message/712 and your wife's
          miracle is a beautiful example of "organic experience of spiritual
          unity" from different traditions, East and West.

          Simply amazing! Andrius, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

        • Sherrie Noble
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009

            Benoit, Hi. We have never met(I did meet Andrius) and while I read regularly but seldom post this good news is wonderful. We truly live in a world full of beautiful miracles. Thank you for sharing with us, and the world.

            Sherrie

            Sherrie Ann Noble

            Sherrie@...

            Director