Re: Voting - result announced.

  • ricardoolpc
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2009

      Hi Pam

      That's great news. I know Sasha voted for Zittnet today. I don't know how many other people voted in the last few hours. Thanks Sasha and everyone else who voted for Zittnet.

      Voting has been open for 30 days. Zittnet was in 2nd place this morning, so I posted a message this morning asking people to vote, when there was just 5 hours left to go. Sasha and others voted, and that was enough to move it up to 1st place, for the $3000 prize. I'm sure other people were helping to get the vote out as well.

      These are the final positions on the Leaderboard, for the 30 day competition that ended today...

      http://arc.peacecorpsconnect.org/contest

      This is the page about Zittnet. They operate a WiFi network at Fantsuam Foundation, but this new project is about providing farm-price information to help farmers decide whether to go to market that day, to sell their produce. You can see the page now says 'Prize Winner' on the right.

      http://arc.peacecorpsconnect.org/view/299/zittnet-harnessing-information-to-make-rural-markets-work-better

      Thanks once again. A great team-effort.

      Ricardo

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2009
        Dear All,

        This is marvelous news, and so well-deserved!!  Please let us know about how this project proceeds, as my own organization in Kenya and so many others would find this idea and its implementation invaluable.

        With huge bravos and blessings always, Janet