Re: [globalvillages] Re: Lets re-map the world into global-communities

  • Samwel Kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2009

      OK all,
      Although our Sustainable local community tourism and agriculture consortium never happened as planned. One was due to funds, poor communication, health related issues of H1N1(swine flu),unwarranted ignorance of members-believing and focusing too much on money matters, failing of local support among others etc. My move and travel across Nyanza and Rift valley, made me realize there is no potentiality of agriculture in Nyanza while up on top of Nandi hills across to Eldoret farms are evergreen but down at the Lake shore the harvest is poor, lack of rainfall but there is the vast fresh water in Lake Victoria.
      We, Tom, Joash and Ronald agree from my idea, soon there will be no fish catch and people are going to be malnourished. I am thinking of fish farming in pods in Rusinga island www.friendsofrusingaisland.org
      , picture garden at Got Angoro in Nyando, and and a recreational venue at Seme after Kisumu. I am going home over the weekend to compare my pictures and findings? Why Kisumu is becoming more popular with tourists? Is because of politics, social a atmosphere what?
      I will have a better idea if i think out of the basket. But every endeavor circulates on food security, better living not on teaching another to work, who advices who? Mmh! who advices advices who? This cynical peculiarity has killed many brilliant ideas and agenda that would otherwise provide tangible solutions acquired the notoriety of being a petty,querulous nation with a penchant for engaging in self-destructive activities.. We are always complaining of this and that,finger pointing at who and whatever for flimsy reasons, we never a moment stop to ask whether we are part of the problem, and when we ask? We counter accuse one another. There is a saying' i admired when i was a young boy' better to see something ones than to hear a bout it hundred times' i am hoping to do so-some work with Tom Chukka-Got Angora gardens in  Hero, Jo ash Oby-Seem and Kaela women development group in Reusing island.

      The consortium will be organized again when the original organizers meet again after the National Census in Kim in September 2009
      Money will be after real facts!
      Samuel.