Re: [holistichelping] Re: [globalvillages] Lets re-map the world into global-c

  • Franz Nahrada
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2009
      holistichelping@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >Dear Franz and all,
      > This is an ideal thinking,for there are many comunities some ar
      >forgotten,especially te disabled world,and narrow it to the deaf world.
      >Maping makes activities accurate,even the bible has amap,but never in
      >use,making the users read the bible but with little geographical
      >knowledge making interepretation of the scripture not real.
      >How can we put things together,do you have methods of making such agroup
      >al to reach to acomunity they need.
      >Thanks
      >TOM OCHUKA
      >Deafimpact

      Tom

      We habe done first experiments with Google Maps at other systems and it is
      amazing how good you can link content and geographical context.

      In Brazil, they start to map communities in a whole reagion - the so
      called "Mapping of the Solidarity Economy" - and this helps to discover
      what easily gets forgotten, to communicate needs and opportunities in a
      geographical context. It totally chenges the significance of things, it
      allows faster doors to the real world. Of course soon we will need
      critical density of cooperation, so that this is not an invitation for
      looters and destroyers in the real world.

      But every day I am amazed how many cooperations between Africa and Europe
      exist already! All these could maybe considered Global Villages!

      I try to get several projects streamlined, also to have some budgets, and
      I want to ask Andrius for help to make this mapping procedure doable and
      communicate well with the wikis.

      It will still take some months, but the direction is set.

      Franz