re: [holistichelping] Response to Lucas and Andrius: Linux/Solar/

  • Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2006
      Janet, Samwel, Andrius and all,

      I'd love to know if/when, and where, we can get our hands dirty with
      *designing the immediate way forward* with the "pieces" we have
      available. We are people with passion and some available time and links
      to other people, we have knowledge and links to more knowledge, we have
      some technical and economical resources. This is the cothinking I've
      been dreaming about for some years. Conceptual thinking is great, and
      we are all great too, and we've learned to focus on people and not
      (only) on projects, but How do we get one project running and then
      another and another?

      My gut (heh!) feeling is this is a bit like the "eating spaghetti"
      *sequence*: you look at the fuming mess, select a place to stick the
      fork (sometimes you don't even look but you may prefer more or less
      sauce etc), stick the fork, collect an amount that fits the space
      between your jaws (if in doubt, you child, collect less!), stick it in
      your mouth or get your teeth around the stuff, apply pressure (and
      enjoy) from different angles until it's done, swallow. Same with next
      forkful until (a) you finish what's on the place or (b) you don't want
      more spaghetti, thank you.

      We're of course working at more than one level: we want to eat
      spaghetti, we want to learn how to eat spaghetti, we'd love to help
      others learn to eat spaghetti, we'd be enthused if we learn to get the
      learning ball rolling real fast ... If we *focus* on "eating out loud",
      *later* we can reflect and select the next forkful.

      Sorry if this makes you hungry or no-thankyou-ish, depending on your
      timezone. :-)